The JGG v Parkwise Enquiries

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I'm after some help please, if its at all possible.

Basically, I'm a disabled driver, who received a parking ticket, whilst parked in a supermarket car park, 2 weeks ago, whilst on holiday.

We parked the car at approx 14.30pm in Cleveleys (Blackpool), went and did some shopping, came back at 15.15, and noticed a pcn attatched to the car.

Contravention code 83 - Parked in a car park without clearly displaying a valid pay & display ticket, or voucher or parking clock.

Now, I always display both my blue badge, and the time clock, and these were clearly displayed on the dash board.

When we got home a few days later, I sent off this email to them, disputing the charge.

Good afternoon.

Regarding PCN Number WB xxxxxxx REg No XXXX XXX. I would like to know, why I was given this ticket for code 83 - Parked in a car park without clearly displaying a valid pay & display ticket, or voucher or parking clock.

I am a disabled driver, and ALWAYS display both the clock and the Blue badge, and this was clearly displayed on the dashboard, when I was given this ticket.

IF you have photographic evidence to the contrary, then please send me the photograph, and I will consider paying this outstanding amount.

IF you do not have photographic evidence to the contrary, then please send me notice by return that this 'fine' will be written off, as I will NOT be paying for something, where I have done nothing wrong.

I look forward to hearing from you in the very near future.

Kind regards

Me.

This was sent to parkwise on the 24th June.

I have just received a reply to the email with the following..

Dear Mr JGG,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the penalty charge notice issued to your vehicle. I can confirm that the penalty was correctly issued as you were not parked in a designated disabled bay. You are only permitted to park for free when in a disabled bay, all other parking bays must be paid for as per the enclosed photograph of the sign on the car park. The blue badge booklet clearly states that not all car parks provide free parking for badge holders. Should you wish to challenge the issue of the penalty further please do so by any of the methods shown on the reverse of the PCN.

The photo attached is the photo sent.

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr280/jo1lygrngiant/parkwise1.jpg

Questions are, 1, can they force me to pay this fee. 2. What happens, if as on this occasion there were no disabled spaces around, forcing drivers to park in a normal space. 3. What happens next. I'm thinking of firing off a email back at them, asking for further evidence re the blue badge booklet, as i've jsut checked it quickly, and can not trace any notice of it saying that not all car parks let blue badge holders park for free..

But something is niggling me here, where it states on the pcn,

'Parked in a car park without clearly displaying a valid pay & display ticket, or voucher or parking clock.'

Does not displaying a blue badge and clock not constitute the parking clock. Also just noticed, the time on the camera, does not completely go with the pcn.. As the pcn states observed from 14:33 to 14:48 Time of contravention 14:48, does this matter?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Hope your having a great day

be safe

nige aka JGG :)

This is an unenforcable invoice you have been given, which has no backing in law.

you have made a huge mistake by contacying these people,

What you should do now is cease all contact with these people, do not pay the invoice.

They will send you letters theatening world war three, and trying to pin the Great train robbery on you.

This is all bluff.

No court summons will be issued, no baliffs will call at your house, as this is just one big bluff to make you pay up.

Remember do not contact them any more................

on the face of it yes , however let the experts get back to you on this , and the fact they are restricting blue badge holders ( limiting how many can use the car park with aid of the Badge ) several Councils have had to re-think their policy on this,