You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3647 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Jbw group limited have last week changed the name of their debt collection arm jbw debt collection ltd to jbw high court enforcement limited. Meaning that they are now going to be collecting high court debts as well !!!!!

So whats cooking today ?

OMG Poor people

I am not sure what gets classed as a highCourt debt?

If you have a judgement for £601 or more you can have it upped from the county court to a high court writ.

So whats cooking today ?

Sorry letsmakeamark

I don't understand that can you please explain? Never heard of it before

If you had a county court judgement for £601 you could have it transferred to the high court and send out a hceo to collect instead of a county court bailiff.

So whats cooking today ?

thank you so much I didn't realise this, Do they have to take further action before this?

We urgently need to complain to the oft and get their application which is pending for a new consumer credit licence cancelled or withdrawn otherwise vulnerable people are going to suffer.

So whats cooking today ?

JBW are not HCEO's yet and the Consumer Credit License is nothing to do with this. The CCL merely allows them to collect debts (by phone and letter) and is not related to enforcement (Bailiffs & HCEO).

They would need an Authorised High Court Enforcement Officer to be able to enforce CCJ's over £600. Mind you, if they pay enough, I'll bet they get one.:eek:

They will . mr jbw would personally see to that himself.

So whats cooking today ?

Not so, I've heard rumours they're in trouble and he has no money to bail them out...

I thought he was doing perfect and had a very good life or is he just putting it on so that he can take every ones money and go ?

So whats cooking today ?

"JBW are not HCEO's yet and the Consumer Credit License is nothing to do with this. The CCL merely allows them to collect debts (by phone and letter) and is not related to enforcement (Bailiffs & HCEO)."

The current CCL application forms cover bailiff activity too !!!!!!

Not so, I've heard rumours they're in trouble and he has no money to bail them out...

Good LOL

They deserve nothing less, they certainly Don't know or abide by the rules they are supposed too :-x

If you had a county court judgement for £601 you could have it transferred to the high court and send out a hceo to collect instead of a county court bailiff.

What is the difference in powers between a county court bailiff and an HCEO?

I knew as soon as I posted the question, that I'd asked it incorrectly.

What I should have said is, what is the benefit to JBW by applying to be HCEO. I assume it either gives his bailiffs more power or allows him to charge greater fees than he can now?

I have read the link but it didn't seem to contain the answer.

As far as i know the reason is that they can then go out and collect judgements that the creditor has 'upped' to the high court.

The only reason a creditor would up the judgement to a high court one (costs about £50 quid or so), is because there will be a higher sucess rate in the collection of the money.

HCEO's punt out their filthy work to self employed bailiffs who get paid on results , - therefore if he collects the debt he collects big percentage in £££.

Now, as we all know HCEO's are bound by the HCEO regulations etc laid down by the court, but this seems to mean nothing , and these guys don't care anyway as they make up the rules as they go, so they basically collect what they want!

i.e as i recently experienced... £1750 of fees on a £700 judgement- but dont worry this is kosher apparantly!

All absolute theiving ****.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I knew as soon as I posted the question, that I'd asked it incorrectly.

What I should have said is, what is the benefit to JBW by applying to be HCEO. I assume it either gives his bailiffs more power or allows him to charge greater fees than he can now?

I have read the link but it didn't seem to contain the answer.

massively higher fees (non statutory ones that is) :eek:

Well something needs to be done about this company in particular. why are they over charging and yet when challenged come up with all sorts of excuses going as far as backing the authority in the sense that they will not pay any litigation themselves but will pay out if their clients have to pay ?

So whats cooking today ?

All HCEO are given there certificates by Jack Straw and must hold at least a law degree in law the amount of complaints going to the MOJ right now i can not see JBW getting in, I could be wrong though.

All HCEO are given there certificates by Jack Straw and must hold at least a law degree in law the amount of complaints going to the MOJ right now i can not see JBW getting in, I could be wrong though.

how do you know this?

Yes but you only need one official HCEO in a company - then agents can work on their behalf

LFB, do you have a name of someone to write to at the ministry of justice? Rather than just an open letter it would be good to have a contact?..

If you have a complaint to send to the MOJ then you can send it to one of the five Law Lord.IE (lord Bach)

surething, I know Because im dealing with them.

But pink eeyore is also correct they only need one pearson per company to be HCEO's and he can deligate to his under dog's.