You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

yetagain

Parking fine, Service station, paid for ticket via phone

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4031 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello! fellow consumers, here is my situation :(

Background:

Last month when I was travelling down south I stopped at a service station, just for the night, as it was getting late and I was tired.

Upon arrival I park up directly in front of parking sign, to read the number for the payment line, after 5 attempts to pay via the payment lines automated payment system I was put through to a human!

He was a nice enough guy, I gave him my vehicle make and model, colour and reg and paid via debt card. However, there was some confusion over the registration number at first, but when he read out to confirm it was correct.

A few weeks later I received a parking fine notice for my stay at that car park, I send my appeal a few days later, along the with a record of the transaction for payment of the ticket and basically telling them, if they check there CCTV footage they will see me reading my car number plate, speaking on a phone to one of there advisers, directly in front of a parking sign....

I am sure they keep times of phone calls and the CCTV is time stamped also. Furthermore I still have the record of the call in my mobile phone.

However, as of yet I have received no response to the appeal I sent, its been weeks!

This morning I received another letter informing me that legal action is pending and the fine has been increase to £120.

Addtional

Paid for 24 hours stay, I stayed from 3:30am to 8:40am and was issued by CP Plust limited.

Help?

To be honest I am really annoyed and I don’t know where I stand at all, could anyone offer me some advice or aid, a number to call or anything? I'm at a loss at the moment. :|

Edited by yetagain

Ignore them. you paid for parking. if you want ultimate comfort just get a bank statement and file it, keep it and all the PPC rubbish safe in case they are mad enough to pursue.

as lamma says, nothing to do, just ignore them.

You paid, they got their money, end of.

Ditto. These guys also haunt Bothwell Srevice (M74) Southbound and routinely do the same thing, it is mainly tourists who pay at the machine. You're sate - as you paid and you can prove it, but as you've already emplained yourself keep your own evidence handy just in case you need it. Watch what happens, and be surprised when the letters finally peter out.

Thank you for the responces, its put my mind at ease. I wont be giving this matter anymore thought. Thanks again.

:) Wonderful community

CP Plus haunt many service stations.

We know them well - ignore all their junkmail and they will go away.

If you want to fightback, write a letter to the service station. Every unsatisfied customer of their's increases the chances of them being booted out of that particular service station.

A. They cannot do anything in ANY event

B. You paid. Touigh, they can go to hell.

C. Pray that they do take you to court, you would win and get costs.

These people do a lot of winking. :rolleyes:

Just goes to show, never bother with PPC appeals, it's just another way to try to make it sound official.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.