How to sort out this CCJ!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

This is my very first post on this site so forgive me if its in the wrong place or if i do something wrong.

Firstly i'd just like to say what an amazing site this is and also there are some incredibly generous and helpful people on here...came across it a couple of weeks back and just reading through stuff makes me feel more confident.

Right, Whilst at Uni i got myslef into all sorts of financial bother which (now i'm working) i have been spending the last year or so sorting myself out, one debt that i still have is rent arrears owed to the university, i received a county court order (sorry if terminology is incorrect) last year but at the time i was working only part time and it also scared the life out of me, i've never had this kind of bother (nothing thats gone this far anyway), i admit i was scared and i buried my head in the sand and hoped it would magically go away.

Anyhow, now i'm working full time, doing fine and dandy and have just applied for a house to rent with my partner and this CCJ showed up (luckily they let us have the house anyway) but now it has come back to haunt me and i'm a little more grown up now and actually want to solve my problems rather than ignore them i would like some advice on what to do???

Essentially, i ignored the original court letter like an idiot, i now have a CCJ but desperately want to do something about it...i can't afford to pay it back all at once (its about 2k) but i am more than willing to make generous installments monthly to pay it back.

Who do i get in touch with?

have i lost any right to pay via installments?

I would appreciate any advice and befoe anyone says...yes i know i was a complete idiot ignoring the letter but i was scared, please don't hold it against me :Cry:

Hi Wheezy

Her are some usefull links to get the ball rolling

Setting aside the original CCJ of your CCA

Step by step CCJ removal

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

hi. and welcome to cag.

nobody here will think you are a idiot:)

has the OC who obtained the ccj,ever contacted you since?

and when was the last time contact you had with them.

could you get in touch with them?if you wanted to offer payments.

did you get anything from the court after judgement was entered?

details of the court reference will be on the judgement on your credit file.

how long is it since it was registered

and do you no any reason why it was not enforced(like they could not contact you at the address)

only problem I can see is if they have not been able to get in touch,and you now contact with payment offers,they may get stroppy and demand full payment.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

Thankyou both for your quick responses.

I will check out the links in a moment to see if they apply.

sam614,

Since i received the letter from the solicitors and a claim form which in hindsight i should have just used and replied to i have received no further correspondance from them and heard nothing until my letting agent told me i had a CCJ for around 2k on my credit report.

I am not saying it is wrong...it is my debt and i'm looking to pay it back but i just don't know who to contact first to get the ball rolling...the county court? the solicitors? etc.

They have never rang me or sent any further letters, i am at the same address so they could contact me should they have wished although i hold my hands up and admit that i have made no effort to contact them either.

sam614, what do you mean when you say "enforced"? If the CCJ is on my record this would suggest that it has been enforced? Sorry if i'm being stupid, i'm new to all this.

"sam614, what do you mean when you say "enforced"? If the CCJ is on my record this would suggest that it has been enforced? Sorry if i'm being stupid, i'm new to all this."

have you never been contacted with reference to the CCJ from the Court that enforced it re payment?

Regards

Andy

forumbox_top_left.gifforumbox_top_tile.gifforumbox_top_right.gifforumbox_left_tile.gif

forumbox_right_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_left.gifforumbox_bottom_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_right.gif

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I realise i'm being vague, i'm at work and thought i would register on here, i'll pull out all correspondance and details tonight and re-post tomorrow with more details.

But i know that i received a claim form from the solicitors that had been appointed, ididn't respond to this (stupidly) and then i received a date for the hearing which i foolishly ignored again and since then nothing.

I realise i'm probably in a load of s*** but unlike before i'd rather tackle this head on and pay up if possible.

the ccj is granted,and registered if the full amount is not payed within a month.

staying on your credit file for 6 years.

marked satisfied if the balance was cleared after a month or by monthly repayments,set by the court.

as you did not attend,you could not state your income details/or offer of repayment so it would have been set by the court,you should have been contacted at the time,giving you the chance to reduce the amounts if you could not afford this.

when you did not pay,the OC should have told the court,so that the judgement is further enforced.

like detachment of earnings etc.

so they get a ccj.you dont pay,and they have just left it?

SAM

---------------------

I believe so, the CCJ is on my credit report but since documentation was sent to me regarding going to court (over 16months ago) i haven't heard anything.

Not only did i not pay but i didn't ever get in touch with them at the time, i just ignored everything!

Its only now that i've paid off alot of other stuff and have a decent job etc that i realise the need to sort out all my debts and as it took me nearly not getting my house with my partner for it to hit home that this CCJ needs sorting.

It can stay on my record for 6 years i just want it paying off.

Should i get in touch with the county court?

I'll provide more detail tomorrow if you wouldn't mind checking back on this thread please? I need advice as although i'm learning quickly i'm a little out of my depth i fear.

major cock up then from their point of view.:rolleyes:

they could have got it enforced from your 1st missed payment.

if you pay it,it will then be marked as satisfied,not sure if it sways a future creditor,

but if you have a ccj,better to be registered satisfied,as its going to be there for another 4 yrs at least.

what sort of payment/how quick do you think you could clear the full balance.

as you wish to clear it,could you "let it sleep a while longer"

while you get full balance then pay that direct.

the main concern is if you contact the claimant with a payment offer,and alert them to their error they may decline and seek permission for the court to enforce.:(

BUT if they did they would have to seek permission of the court,and have a good reason for the delay.

IMHO If you want it sorted it best to do it before they either click on their mistake,or worse sell it to a scummy DCA .which could be years into the future,when you have almost forgot it.

well keep checking thread.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

---------------------

I believe so, the CCJ is on my credit report but since documentation was sent to me regarding going to court (over 16months ago) i haven't heard anything.

Not only did i not pay but i didn't ever get in touch with them at the time, i just ignored everything!

Its only now that i've paid off alot of other stuff and have a decent job etc that i realise the need to sort out all my debts and as it took me nearly not getting my house with my partner for it to hit home that this CCJ needs sorting.

It can stay on my record for 6 years i just want it paying off.

Should i get in touch with the county court?

I'll provide more detail tomorrow if you wouldn't mind checking back on this thread please? I need advice as although i'm learning quickly i'm a little out of my depth i fear.

Just a quick observation - it will stay on your credit record for six years unless you can set it aside (to do that you would have to show that you have a defence to the claim)

Can I just check what was the date of the CCJ...

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister