Moorcroft and their fees?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Maybe I am missing something here, but I don't know.

After opening my mail with mis-spelt address in a lovely yellow envelope, I am filled with dread as it comes from their Pre-Court Division. scared0006.gif This is made worse because it also says NOTICE OF INTENDED LITIGATION

Oh no!!!! scared0008.gif;)

Anyway, their fees don't make any sense to me.

Balance £14X.XX

Solicitors costs for issue of claim form £50.00. What? Wouldn't you have to errrr, win, then ask for this?

Court fees for issue of Claim Form £20.00 ???? Not £30 then?

Solicitors Costs for Entering Judgement (by default) £25.00. Oh please, residents of la-la land.

It's all irrelevant because they won't take it to court, and I couldn't give a shiny one if they did. But they've a cheek with these 'scary' designed to induce panic - look how much money you can save bullcr*p letters.

What a bunch of self-involved chimps with delusions of adequacy (I nabbed that from someone here, lol)

I love the nugget at the bottom of the letter - 'please note we have confirmed with a major public utility that you are in occupancy at the above address (the one they couldn't spell right) Well, no s**t Sherlock, that's whose debt it is.

Cheque for £30 sent to utility - I hope they don't give it to Moorcroft - heaven forbid. Btw, my electric jumped up from £6 a week when I moved here to £25 a week! Now I'm with Scottish Power it's less than £6 a week. It's only a diddy flat, above utility company knows full well I am in major dispute with that huge 6 week bill. :mad: They'll get it in dribs and drabs I suppose, but Moorcroft are getting nothing of me, directly at least.

Sorry to butt in but have been searching for advice on this very topic. I too have received this morning a shiny yellow letter, despite requesting a subject access request from Moorcroft last week. They have not responded to that letter. This is all getting on top of me folks. Really, really don't know where to turn next. Can anyone help?

Hi rapunzel1 , its always best to start your own thread that way the info put forward can not be mistaken for your answers, from the little knowledge that I have gleemed from other caggers I think that you should SAR the OC and only CCA the debt collection firm, and you have to allow 40 days for a SAR, also moorcroft tend to post letters that appear to be more serious then the last then generally give up so don't worry to much about their colourful letters.

sleepingdog

Thank you so much for coming to my aid Sleeping Dog, and sorry for posting in the wrong place, I am very new here. Unfortunately I think I've dealt with everything wrongly. I CCA'd the original creditor, who had an enforceable agreement. I then tried to negotiate a repayment programme with them and asked for an expenditure sheet. They said they would forward one to me, the next thing I receive is a nasty letter from Moorcroft saying they were acting on behalf of the original creditor.

As I had not received any notification from my original creditor that they'd passed the debt on, I subject access requested Moorcroft. OMG really don't know what I'm doing, do I? Help!!

Thanx. I really am worried sick. Should I send them another letter asking them to respond to my sar or sit tight and wait to see what happens next? (might just have some stumps where my fingers were by then) :oops:

then they give up eventually

You mean to say thier fun laters will dry up?, damn. :p:D Maybe they'll track down my moby and record the call for 'quality purposes'. Guffaw :D

Rapunzel1, do start your own thread so you can get advice directly on your issue - it will be clearer and more helpful for you.

You will soon learn they are powerless cheats relying on fear. :) Stick around and you'll see.

Click here and then click newthread.gif fill out the title and off you go.

Don't let these morons make you worry.