Your Help With The Next Step Please

wjg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Since last September I have been pursued by various DCA's with regards to a debt against Barclays Bank. The debt relates to an outstanding overdraft in the the region of £7000. This was left to me when my business partner went bankrupt and our business folded.

I wrote to Debt Managers asking for a copy of the CCA, (I know this isn't relevant to an overdraft but thought I would sent it anyway). The letter was sent on 25/04/09. On 06/05/09 I recieved a letter back saying that they had been unable to obtain a copy from their client (Barclays) and their file had been closed and returned back to Barclays.

Since then I have heard nothing. the debt is still showing as a default on me credit file.

I would like advice as to whether you think I should let sleeping dogs lie or to contact Barclays and try and draw the matter to a conclusion.

Thank you.

Hi,

As they have returned your account back to Barclays, I'd tend to wait until they get in touch with you.

I'll move this thread to the Barclays Forum, where hopefully you'll get more help.

EDIT: Thread moved.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Can you confirm the nature of the debt, ie overdraft, loan, etc.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

..... in which case, I don't know why Debt Managers returned it so quickly.:confused:

With a credit card or a bank loan a/c, there are v strict rules about the doc'ts needed to make the debt enforceable.

But with a bank o/d, there is normally very little in the way of paperwork and I suspect the bank, or a DCA, will come back about this quite soon, to collect what's due.

If this was a joint business a/c relating to a partnership (and not a Limited Co.), the bank will chase you for the whole debt.

You should use this quiet time to work out your best moves - I doubt they'll remain quiet for long.

Edited by slick132
typo

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I am also surprised too. I am aware that I am liable for the full debt, and it was a partnership. Although on any correspondance, including statements from Barclays it was only ever addressed to my partner and never to me. In view of this I am thinking that Barclays may have messed up on the administration of the account and this is perhaps why they have given up so easily on chasing the debt?

Hmmm, you may be right, but don't hold your breath.

;)

Sorry, I should have added, that I became a partner after being an empoyee for 20 odd years. that is why I suspect Barclays MAY have made administration errors by not adding my name on to this particular acccount.

Oooo, there may still be hope, then.

Wait and see what happens next............;)