You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

yellowandpurpleful

Metropolitan collection services/HSBC

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4027 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, I just wanted advice about my situation. I was in Vietnam for a few months and when I returned home I was met with a heap of threatening letters from MCS, a company I didn't even know, telling me HSBC had passed on my debt (accrued from unfair charges) to them. I had a student account and all was in perfect order when I left the UK. They said that because I made a transaction that exceeded what I had in my account that they presumed that it was a request for an overdraft. I was unaware they had done this and didn't use my account for a while because i was paid in cash in vietnam. I am so angry that my credit rating is affected because of one transaction. It seems so wrong for so many reasons. They want £70. For what? There's a recession and I can't even find a job right now. My mother paid half through postal order and MCS called back to say they did not receive it. So we're down another £35 because they will not claim responsibility. My credit rating is being ruined here and HSBC has closed my account. I don't even know if I can set up a new account with another bank until my debt is clear. I would really appreciate some help with this. It's quite daunting to think I could have a poor credit rating before I even get on the career ladder. And for what?One lousy transaction. It's beyond unethical. It's criminal. What can I do? I feel sick at the thought of paying them money.

Hello and Welcome,

You should claim the charges back, do you know how much they have charged you over the years.

Regarding another account, you'll find one in here...........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/13832-do-you-need-parachute.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks for that. How do I claim them back though? I spoke with HSBC and they said they no longer had anything to do with me and that they had closed my account. MCS are monsters. How do I deal with them? Thanks for your time. I really appreciate it.

Hi,

I've got to go off-line for a bit, I've moved your thread to the appropriate Forum, where hopefully you'll get more help.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

if you sent a postal order, check with the post office to see if its been cashed if not cancel it and get you money back

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

OK reference MCS morons, if they phone just say in writing and put the phone down, if you do speak to them say the debt is unlawful charges and it is in dispute and to send it back to HSBC, although MCS are the inhouse threat monkeys for this crappy bank.

send HSBC a SAR and ask for all statements for this account from whenever it was opened. the sar can be found here

Subject Access Request - Consumer Wiki

it costs £10 and send it recorded they have 40 days to comply, you can then add up all the charges including the £10 for the sar and claim them back.

DO NOT PAY MCS Anything else

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)