Lloyds - debt collection.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am being chased by LLoyds for repayment of an overdraught debt. Can someone please clarify a legal issue regarding payment of any form of debt. I remember in the 'days of old' being told that if a debtor (anyone who owed anyone money for whatever), if they had made offer of payment and if refused for what ever reason by the creditor, the debt was nullified. Because the creditor had refused to accept that payment.

Now my problem is that I have repeatedly made offers to repay this debt in accordance with my financial situation, and LLoyds and their debt collecting friends have repeatedly ignored, in fact have never referred to my offer, to pay.

Has anyone any knowledge or advice on this situation. Am I correct.

Thank you:confused::confused:

if they had made offer of payment and if refused for what ever reason by the creditor, the debt was nullified. Because the creditor had refused to accept that payment.

Unfortunately...no.

Is part of this debt made up of bank charges?

David

If you still bank with them then I would vote with my feet and switch banks, then hit them with a claim for all of the unlawful charges you have incurred, be it unauthorised OD bounced cheques, etc etc.

By opening another account with a different bank, then Lloyds will be unable to dip into your account to pay any unfair charges/OD etc.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!