Some help with Social Services

Aprd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sincerely apologies in advance If I’ve posted this in the wrong forum, but couldn’t find one that seem to be directed to this matter.

I am a father of 4 children 2 of which live with my ex partner. Over the last 10 years my children have been mistreated by my ex partners boyfriend. I finally managed to get the help and support that they required 3 years ago but it has been a constant battle to keep the local authorities involved, even after my ex partners boy friend admitting to Social Service that he has on numerous occasions held my eldest daughter (now 15 years old) around the throat and punched her.

My daughters have also told the local authorities of abuse over the period of ten years yet, 8 weeks ago decided there was no cause for concern and closed the file. 7 years ago my ex partners boy friend run me over in front of the children, witnesses made statements supporting this yet, the local police did not take action only summoned him for driving without a license, insurance and someone else’s car without their consent!

I lodged a complaint with the local authorities’ complaints department asking one simple question:

How can a person admit on numerous occasions to punching a minor and yet still be allowed to live with my children?

I was then presented with a catalogue of events to their actions but no answer to the question. I have today lodged a complaint with the government ombudsman but would like to serve the local authority with a request under the data protection act for information, but have no idea on how to go about it. Also, could i obtain the information on my two daughters in connection with this?

Any help would be appreciated, if this isn’t the right place to post, could someone please point me in the right direction?

P.S. My daughters visit every Sunday, 10 weeks ago when I pulled up to collect them I found him yet again with his hands around my daughter’s throat; again he has not been dealt with. I’m starting to feel that I’m imagining all this and it’s me who needs the help!

Hi Aprd

You state 2 children live with you 2 with your ex .What was the custody arrangement?

You could apply to have the Residential order over turned in light of what you state above on the basis that you fear for the other 2 childrens welfare

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy thanks for your reply.

I have 4 children, my two eldest that I am referring to live with my ex partner. I have an equal parental right order in place as well as a restraining order against my ex partner for GBH.

We separated 12 years ago and ten years ago I met someone else to whom I am now married too and have two children from. All through this I feel Social Services have treated this case as ‘Oh, its dad who is sore after the relationship split’ which clearly is not the case. I am very happy with the life I have now apart from my concerns for my eldest’s daughter’s wellbeing.

/edited formatting errors

What are the ages of the the 2 eldest?

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi Andy, again thanks for the reply, 14 and 16 years old now, sorry I stated the eldest of being 15 hard sometimes believing they grow up so fast! My eldest’s daughter's birthday was last month.

Hi Andy, again thanks for the reply, 14 and 16 years old now, sorry I stated the eldest of being 15 hard sometimes believing they grow up so fast! My eldest’s daughter's birthday was last month.

Ok as your eldest is now 16 she is reaching an age were she will be able to decide what is best for herself,and similarly your 14 will follow suit.Residential orders are complicated, time consuming and not least expensive.I have found from personal expierience to let the children decide themselves,not only have they had to deal with a traumatic expierience of their parents split but adjusting to life without that comfort umberella.If she (your eldest daughter felt at any time threatened or in danger im sure she would consult with you and insist on returning to live with you (geographical permitting)

Would it be practical for your eldest children to reside with you?

What as your ex said on the matter?

It really is your choice to force the equal parental order if needs must.

Perhaps a talk with your Solicitor who dealt with split may offer more guidence.

Regards

Andy

I think that this is one of those cases where you need professional advice - you said that you made a Social Services Complaint - did that go to a complaints panel?

If I were you I would see a Solicitor

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Ok thanks for the info / input by all.

Although I would have loved to have both daughters living with me they couldn't for a number of reasons.

Apart from being totally broke after the separation, and spending the best part of six years after the split paying off 15k's worth of debt she had left me with, I only live in a 2 bed house :(

On many occasions both have asked to live with me and have tried to raise the funds for a 4 bed house but times have been hard.

Anyway, good advice given and will be making an appointment with my solicitor, thanks all

You are very welcome Aprd hope all works out for you in the future

Regards

Andy