Unfair Dismissal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend of mine has just been sacked on the spot from her job whilst still in the 3 month probationary period.

She has a nut allergy. She had a chinese late thurs evening, went to bed fine. Her alarm went off at 4 and herr daughter went in to see why she had not turnt it off. She found her unconcious, she injected her and called 999.

My friend was taken to hospital where she was treated and realesed late fri evening.

Her daughter phoned her employer at aprox 10am to explain why she was not there. The manager said she should have called in earlier, she exdplained she did not have my phone at the hospital and would not have been able to call in any case. Hard with a tube down your throat keeping your airways open.

When my friend arrived at work this morning the owner of the company was there. she called my friend into the office and told her she was a straight talker and does she have a problem that she need to discuss. My friend asked what she mean't and she said "well you are a liar aren't you?"

she then said she had called the hospital and that there was no record of my friend, who asked if she had asked for her by her married name, and she just said "leave now i don't want to hear any more of your lies."

My friend did as she was told and left the offices.

She has a copy of the release letter from the hospital, but what should she do with it?

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

If the hospital had told the boss, then they would be breaching the DPA anyway.

You can try sending a letter to the boss enclosing a copy of the hospital's letter, and ask for re-instatement. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Unfortunately with less than 1 year of service, she has no rights to claim unfair dismissal. She should however be paid for her notice period. If she is not, then she has a prima facie right to sue for breach of contract.

• 2 weeks later...

No, she has written to the boss asking for a written statement why she was sacked but has had no response.

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09