Parking Fine in Resident Bay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know the rules about Resident Parking Sign/Road Marking? I have been caught in yet another one of those “scams” by which a Pay & Display machine is neatly placed next to a lot of identical parking bays – marked with broken white lines – and no clearly visible difference between them. Yet, when I went back I got a ticket because the central line of that bit of road is in a Resident Permit Holder only. When I searched I realised that at the end of the road, some metres away from where I was parked, there was a small sign about that. Yet, the sign is identical to the one by the road where the parking metre is and in the distance there is nothing to suggest there is a difference in regulations. Is there really no legal boundary to make Resident places clearly marked? I have seen many people are getting caught in this trap. Anyone knows if by law it should be more clearly marked?

The Parking Fine occurred at Hove (Sussex) by the way. A resident came out to apologize to us for the local Council's lack of foresight and unwelcoming attitude towards visitors!