You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

rannoch

over 6 years

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4025 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I paid a whacking amount of charges between 2000 and 2002 to several credit card companies including Barclaycard. Reckon a couple of grand minimum. I had that much elsewhere to worry about that I never got round to reclaiming anything from the companies whose acccounts incidently got closed in 2006. Recently I chanced my arm with Barclaycard but they got back saying they only deal with records from 6 years ago. Read somewhere on this forum that others have not acccepted this and succesffuly pursued them for more than 6 years ago. Would like to do the same as we are talking a big sum. Could anybody advise if there is any way to push for reclaiming sharges from more that 6yr ago

Hi Rannoch and welcome to CAG.

Read this for starters - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/50148-barclaycard-microfiche-they-wrong.html Then go back to BC and ask for all statements or data that they hold.

Did you send a SAR with the £10 fee?

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

a couple of years ago a BBC documentary concluded that Barclays had a culture of dishonesty.

I have just looked at our data disclosure poll The Consumer Forums - Data disclosure poll

and I see that already Barclays have disclosed data to people going back to 1995 and also to 1997.

Draw your own conclusions. Go and get your data.

I'm in the process of pestering BC for data over 6 years too, so I'll let you know the outcome.

After four attempts at getting some info. out for HSBC, this is all I ended up with :(. I did think I was onto something when I was able to get some old (pre 2000) account numbers over the counter at my old local branch.

Reference FREEPROD/LETOLT

25 June 2007

Dear Mr. Lex

************** & ***************

Thank you for your request with regard to information about transactions and charges on your accounts.

Unfortunately, HSBC only holds this information in the format of bank statements for a period of six years. Our records have indicated that your accounts closed over six years ago.

As a result, we are unable to supply you with the information you have requested.

Should you have any further queries regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us

Yours sincerely

Angela C Harries Centre Manager

I clearly asked for 'All information held'

The SAR I sent (4 times) was conclusive and can be found on my old 'Beyond 6 years' thread.

I really should try again.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thank you all for the responses. Yes I did send the £ 10 which they returned. I shall now press harder - will keep you posted

I'd send BC another SAR. Enclose the £10 fee again and adapt the letter to say you know it is your right to receive this data and their data storage system has been assessed as being covered by the DP Act by the Information Commissioners Office.

Have this ready to send off if you don't get back what you need - http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/129-data-protection-act-non-compliance-template-letters-

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I sent back the cheque but got letter saying they will not go back before june 2003. That statements are on microfiche from April 3003 to May 2004 and then electronically from then.

Very annoyed about this as talking thousands between 200 and 2002.

What should I do now ?

Make formal complaint to the ICO.

:)