Premier Park Ltd - 'PCN'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all... My car got invoiced by Premier Park Ltd over the weekend. Customer Parking bays outside a shop that wasn't even open at the time. The signage and 'PCN' seem to have been quite carefully-worded, though, compared with others I've seen here.

From reading this site, I realise that my best course of action is to ignore them in the most persistent and resolute fashion possible, so I was mainly wondering if anyone has come across this company before (I think they're only a couple of years old), and if there's anything in particular I need to bear in mind (whilst doing my ignoring...).

Cheers!

and if there's anything in particular I need to bear in mind (whilst doing my ignoring...).

Cheers!

Yes, bear in mind that you need to get on with your life. Life is too short to be worrying about these [EDIT] eejits.

Ignore everything you get from them, including letters from their so-called

'legal department' or 'pre-litigation department' or some other such crap.

The only correspondence you should take notice of is genuine court papers.

Which, in all probability, you will not get. jed

Edited by Rooster-UK
Addition.

• 7 months later...

Yes I too have been misled by Premier Park Ltd signage at Exeter Cathedral Car park which makes no direct reference to Saturday or Sunday restrictions in its wording.

I have written to complain to the company about the wording of the signage, as well as to trading standards and the British Parking Assocation to which the company subscribes. In particular I have asked the company to improve its wording in relation to the restrictions that apply at weekends.

The following is a excerpt from my letter of complaint, so far Premier Park have not responded directly to any of the issues I raise in this letter.

I feel that if anyone else has felt misled in the way I have they also write complaining letters so that the company can be encourage to improve the clarity of its signage.

When parking on a Saturday (or Sunday) evening one naturally looks for explicit references to those days on any parking restriction sign or at the very least to the expression ‘at weekends’. In addition to these omissions, the abundance of references to Monday and Friday in the Cathedral Car Park sign (above) conveys the impression that these are the days to which the restrictions apply (in contrast to weekend days). Certainly both my wife and I (with five postgraduate degrees between us) managed to completely misunderstand this sign, and I wonder how many other people have also failed to understand its message and unintentionally suffered as a consequence.

In view of this I would like to encourage Premier Park Ltd to improve its signage at the Exeter Cathedral Car Park and would be grateful if specific answers could be sent to me in response to the questions listed below.

1. Does your parking sign (as shown above) mean to convey the message that Saturday and Sunday parking restrictions apply at Cathedral Car Park?

2. If this sign does entail Saturday and Sunday restrictions to parking (and I assume this is the case given that I received a ticket on a Saturday evening) why is no direct or explicit reference made to “Saturday”, “Sunday” or “weekends” within the language of the sign?

3. What steps have Premier Park Ltd made to ensure that the wording of their parking notices convey clearly and unambiguously the restrictions that apply for each area under its management? Are there for instance standards that apply or advice that can be sought from the British Parking Association to ensure that the language of parking restriction signs is sufficiently clear?

4. When I contact Premier Park Ltd by phone they were unwilling to disclose the name of the client on behalf of whom they manage the Exeter Cathedral Car Park, citing the Data Protection Act. Can you confirm that it is the policy of Premier Park Ltd not to disclose the clients to potential complainant, such as myself, who may wish to directly contact the party for whom the Car Park is managed? If this is not the policy of Premier Park Ltd, could you please inform me of the client for Cathedral Car Park, so that I can write to them directly about this matter.

5. Given my observations is Premier Park Ltd taking any steps at this stage to ensure that the signage at Exeter Cathedral Car Park is sufficiently clear in relation to Saturday and Sunday parking restrictions and will the further issuing of parking tickets on Saturdays and Sundays be halted until these changes are enacted?

Just a quick update on my original case - got plenty of letters with increasing 'costs' added to the required fee, but they fizzled out 3 months or so after the 'offence'.

@TiepHien - if you've read much on these boards, you'll have realised that the business case of these companies relies on the exact issues and ambiguities you raise in your letter. And the fact that, when presented with an official-looking pcn, many people will actually pay it. So, naturally, they have no intention of addressing any of your points. Just enjoy ignoring them, and be sure to encourage anyone else to do the same!

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....