Warwick District Council PCN Help Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

could the experts among you please cast your expert eyes over this pcn that was put on my car, whilst my wife was shopping. She had forgotten to put a ticket on the car but I have challenged its validity on the basis that wording does not comply with the 1991 RTA. They say that they "follow the Traffic Managemnt ACt 2004 therefore you comments regarding the validity of the pcn bear no relevance to this pcn"

I've attached front and back of the pcn and front of their letter.

Thanks for you help

Parking ticket-front.jpg

Parking ticket-back.jpg

Parking _letter_front.jpg

Edited by manxie
Adding links to larger pictures of pcn and letter

1) the thumbnails are far too small to read - so unable to comment.

2) Since April last year, decriminalised parking enforcement is done under the auspices of the Traffic Management Act 2004; the RTA 1991 is no longer valid for such parking enforcement.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if this pcn is valid. I mistakenly challenged it based on the wording required by the 1991 RTA.

Warwick DC has replied that it was issued under the Traffic Management Act 2004. They have also issued a NTO - what should I do please?

Parking%20ticket-front.jpg

Parking%20ticket-back.jpg

The PCN was placed on the car windscreen whilst my wife was using the car. Is this not the ticket?
G&M i referring to a P&D ticket - since the PCN is for not displaying one.

Also, you have blanked out the dates in the final section of the front of the PCN (after the ie in both cases) Are these dates correct? Many Councils got these wrong.

Also, you have blanked out the dates in the final section of the front of the PCN (after the ie in both cases) Are these dates correct? Many Councils got these wrong.

Looks to me like they are not there. This could be argued that they have not specified the dates and is a procedural impropriety. Nothing to lose now by arguing this.

Manxie, when you got a response to your informal appeal, was the discount held for a further period of time? If not I would add this as a further procedural impropriety and penalty exceeding the applicable amount.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Sorry G&M being a bit dim there - my wife failed to display a ticket!

PatDavies, thanks for your comments ; the dates in the last section of the pcn are not filled in. They appear thus: (i.e.) so no dates are printed in these spaces.

BTB: The letter I received is below and offers an extension of the discount period as mentioned.

I should have further responded and now they have issued me with an NTO.

Copy of WDC here:

aKiw3Y95og-Yxo8hjLkBAw?feat=directlinkParking%20_letter_front.jpg

Parking%20_letter_back.jpg

Parking%20_letter_front.jpgg7DB2wk4hia2HNJnrXWtMw?feat=directlinkaKiw3Y95og-Yxo8hjLkBAw?feat=directlinkg7DB2wk4hia2HNJnrXWtMw?feat=directlinkg7DB2wk4hia2HNJnrXWtMw?feat=directlink