• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have some goods from the above under a agreement a hire purchase agreement .they traded in my old tv for a new one .but they came one sat dropped it off that was that .never got it working co not really intrested .so i got fed up took it all back.even the meter with coins in it. meter or contents never seen again .also new agreement issued and the tv they took away in part x never returned to us. they came today and demanded a cheque for 99 pounds arrears from 22 june 2009.head office wrote to us and said they only want 97.02on 22 june 09.the collector demanded 152.00.hence the remainder in cash .we never ever know what cash is removed from these meters by them .i felt really threatened by there demands.also should i get the cash back in the meter that was taken with the defunct telly . the telly that was part x should i get that back as i had paid for them.e mailed company told 3 collectors just laughing at me .do we have a new style brighthouse hear .company ignored all efforts by me whats next please

• 3 months later...

WE READ ALL ABOUT THE BAD NEWS OF BRIGHTHOUSE AND THERE NASTY WAYS .LET ME INFORM YOU THE NEW BRIGHTHOUSE HAS BEEN BORN . THEY CALL IT BUY AS YOU VIEW BASED IN BRIDGEND WALES .PART OF DUNRAVEN FINANCE .COMPANY THAT PRAYS ON VAUNERABLE LOW PAID FAMILIES PAY THROUGH A COIN METER ON THE TV .WITH BRIGHTHOUSE U HAVE SHOPS ALL OVER THE UK WITH BRIGHTHOUSE U SEE SOMEONE EVERY 8 WEEKS .TO EMPTY THE METER. I BOUGHT A WASHING MACHINE INDESET NEW ONE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH IT JULY THE 1ST CAME HOME MY KITCHEN WAS ON FIRE.THE MACHINE HAD BURST INTO FLAMES ,.BUY AS YOU VIEW SHOWED NO INTREST AT ALL JUST LAUGHING AT ME .YES A LOT OF DAMAGE CAUSED TO MY KITCHEN .LETTER AFTER LETTER E MAIL STILL NO FUTHER ON .JUST IGNORE THE PROBLEM .SO WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW PLEASE HAS ANY PERSON SUFFERED SIMILAR PROBLEMS LIKE THIS WITH THIS COMPANY .THIS CASE IS GOING TO TRADING STANDARDS DUE TO THE ATTITUDE OF BUY AS YOU VIEW .SO KEEP UR EYE ON THIS LOT THIS MIGHT YET BE THE NEW PROBLEM ON THE BLOCK YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

BAYV are as bad as BH, i have had accounts with both comapnies and still have one with BAYV.

BAYV charges interest on the interest.

BAYV keep modifying Single Agreements .

BH are low cheating lying so and so's by anybodys standards but BAYV takes that and goes even lower IMHO.

If i had been paying BH for three years for my cooker i would own it outright by now but because i have it with BAYV and before 1 item was paid off in full i got another item wich refinanced the hole agreement over another three years i dont own the cooker four and a half years later,on top off all that because they refinance the WHOLE amount you end up paying interest on interest.

To be honest i think BAYV should also have its own section on here just like BH because both of these companies need standing up to simple as that.

Edited by Ripoffasyouview

great idea perhaps we should mention this to the site team also agree with ur comments

Comments noted.

Although I feel that, at present, the BrightHouse forum is probably the best place for BAYV and Perfect Homes problems - seeing as all three companies use a VERY similar business model, and most of the regulars in this forum have a good understanding of Hire Purchase.

However, you may like to add a thread to the CAG Questions and Suggestions section HERE and see what others think?

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

had fire in kitchen caused by washer supplied by buy as you view faulty under supply of goods act im told that as item is not paid for . it is a h p agreement that is the problem of the finance co who funded ur washer .duraven finance /is buy as you view .get the drift .. they say the problem is indeset not buy as you view .indeset supplied the washer to b a u v .indeset came and inspected the washer inspected the kitchen .took washer away confirmed yes it was a fault .finished investigations from indeset point of view. come back to buy as you view we need the fire report .we dont beleive u had a fire .but the companys area manager visited the property 72 hrs ltr after the fire inspected it himself .is this just a ploy to delay tatics .severe damage to kitchen also other items our dryer ect smoke damage throughout . are they playing games do i need to pay for fire report and send it to them out of pocket with this fire .im doing everything b a u v doing nothing WHAT ADVICE CAN U GIVE ME

I have dealt with buy as you view and they are terrible. I would suggest writing to the head office (recorded) telling them about the problem with the washing machine. Despite what they are saying it is up to Buy As You View to repair or replace the machine especially as you are still paying for it.

Did you take pictures of the damage? If so print them off and put them in the complaint letter.

If head office take no notice then contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (you can find them through google) as they will take your complaint up. I found them very helpful when i wrote 9 letters (yes 9) to Buy As You View and it took about 6 months to get resolved.

I will be happy to help you in any way i can as a former customer of Buy As You View as i think they are worse than Brighthouse.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

• 4 weeks later...

I still work for this company and you are right they are rip off merchants! You are complaining about interest charges and bad service - there is more!! How many of you have been mis sold warranty and insurance? Was it all properly explained to you?? I doubt it because when we are selling it we dont really know how to explain it ourselves!! Lots of customers who are sold the insurance already have insurance!! They are making a fortune out of it because nearly everybody is mis led into having it. We cant do anything about it because if we dont sell it we get a bo**ocking and are threatened with our job. If you try to stand up to them here or dont do as you are told you are in big trouble - some have and they are just sacked. If the insurance or warranty or interest or anything else wasnt explained to you properly write to the bosses, not Customer Service. Tell them you want to send all the goods back and you want all the money that you have paid given back because you have been mis sold products and services. Write to Graham Clarke, Chief Executive, Buy As You View Ltd, Kingsway Buildings,Kingsway, Bridgend Industrial Estate, Bridgend, CF31 3RY who by the way also used to be one of the top bosses at Brighthouse!! If he doesnt sort the problem out for you write to Adrian Hill, Chairman, at the same address or why not write to them both at the same time!! The other thing which most people seem to be ignoring is - have you noticed how we are all having the fact that interest charges are at an all time low rate? BAYV havent reduced theirs!! In fact I think they have gone up during the last couple of years!! The bosses also told us the company is now owned by the banks which makes it worse!!There is a lot more going on here which people should know about so I will come back shortly with some more. In the meantime keep me informed about how you have got on with your complaints and whether my advice has helped - good luck!!

i think the site team should look at this to see if both these companys should still be kept in same place or seperate them no doubt this evidence supplied by billy york is amazing whistle blowing .perhaps advice should be available on it contents if ur a past or present customer

WE READ ALL ABOUT THE BAD NEWS OF BRIGHTHOUSE AND THERE NASTY WAYS .LET ME INFORM YOU THE NEW BRIGHTHOUSE HAS BEEN BORN . THEY CALL IT BUY AS YOU VIEW BASED IN BRIDGEND WALES .PART OF DUNRAVEN FINANCE .COMPANY THAT PRAYS ON VAUNERABLE LOW PAID FAMILIES PAY THROUGH A COIN METER ON THE TV .WITH BRIGHTHOUSE U HAVE SHOPS ALL OVER THE UK WITH BRIGHTHOUSE U SEE SOMEONE EVERY 8 WEEKS .TO EMPTY THE METER. I BOUGHT A WASHING MACHINE INDESET NEW ONE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH IT JULY THE 1ST CAME HOME MY KITCHEN WAS ON FIRE.THE MACHINE HAD BURST INTO FLAMES ,.BUY AS YOU VIEW SHOWED NO INTREST AT ALL JUST LAUGHING AT ME .YES A LOT OF DAMAGE CAUSED TO MY KITCHEN .LETTER AFTER LETTER E MAIL STILL NO FUTHER ON .JUST IGNORE THE PROBLEM .SO WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW PLEASE HAS ANY PERSON SUFFERED SIMILAR PROBLEMS LIKE THIS WITH THIS COMPANY .THIS CASE IS GOING TO TRADING STANDARDS DUE TO THE ATTITUDE OF BUY AS YOU VIEW .SO KEEP UR EYE ON THIS LOT THIS MIGHT YET BE THE NEW PROBLEM ON THE BLOCK YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Hi Sweets... definately not new kids on the block Ive been a customer of BAYV for over 20 years.... I cant even imagine how much money I have given them over that time, never had a problem until 18 months ago when I couldnt afford the payments and OH took the box off the t.v.....got very nasty.... threatening all sorts... in the end they refinanced the agreement and spread it over longer..... I only have 2 and a half payments left and I would NEVER use this company again:mad:

yes only when the problems appear they dont want to know .god knows how much u have paid them but over the odds anyway .did you see this other post info is correct md and chairman ok .were u misold anything then get it back .your right my freind any way good luck im going for these big style .what part of wales do u come from born in amlwch north wales myself emigrated to uk some yrs ago .

Hey there Jose - you are one of thousands of customers who are hoodwinked into having their accounts refinanced - you must have have been sold insurance and warranty and all that iin the past - Ill bet it was never properly explained to you. Credit cards are having to pay back a fortune because of mis selling - why should these get away with it??? If you dont complain these people will get away with it.

I INTEND TO ISSUE COUNTY COURT ACTION AGAINST BUY AS YOU VIEW.DUE TO A FIRE CAUSED AT MY HOME BY A FAULTY WASHING MACHINE .ACTION UNDER SUPPLY OF GOODS ACT IMPLIED TERMS 1973. INCIDENT 1ST JULY 2009 NO REAL INTREST BY THE COMPANY IN THIS MATTER.SO TOLD THEM 30TH NOVEMBER2009 ISSUE SUMMONS . COST OF DAMAGE £4000 WE THEN HAVE CLOTHES IN MACHINE £200. REPLACEMENT DRYER £300.COST OF VARIOUS KITCHEN IMPLEMENTS £100.KITCHEN BLIND £30.WE ALSO BEEN TOLD WE SHOULD BE COMPENSATED AS WELL STRESS INCONVINIENCE, DISTRESS,UPSET. CAN ANY PERSON ADVISE US HOW TO SET THE CLAIM OUT AND WHAT REALLY CAN WE PURSUE AGAINST THIS COMPANY .ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ADVICE AND HELP NEEDED ASP.THANK YOU

The court would need to have seen you have tried to resolve the issue outside of the court, including a Letter Before Action being sent.

Do you have an invoice or quote for the repair to the damages?

As a sidenote please can you not use full caps, or such a large font on the forum. It is a lot harder to read all caps.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

yes i have a quote for the repair of damage and also the company have accepted liability and found the eqipment faulty.set out your claim in full and send it to us .the loss adjusters are based in italy.so what do i claim for .the manufacture has the insurance not buy as you view

• 1 month later...

I still work for this company and you are right they are rip off merchants! You are complaining about interest charges and bad service - there is more!! How many of you have been mis sold warranty and insurance? Was it all properly explained to you?? I doubt it because when we are selling it we dont really know how to explain it ourselves!! Lots of customers who are sold the insurance already have insurance!! They are making a fortune out of it because nearly everybody is mis led into having it. We cant do anything about it because if we dont sell it we get a bo**ocking and are threatened with our job. If you try to stand up to them here or dont do as you are told you are in big trouble - some have and they are just sacked. If the insurance or warranty or interest or anything else wasnt explained to you properly write to the bosses, not Customer Service. Tell them you want to send all the goods back and you want all the money that you have paid given back because you have been mis sold products and services. Write to Graham Clarke, Chief Executive, Buy As You View Ltd, Kingsway Buildings,Kingsway, Bridgend Industrial Estate, Bridgend, CF31 3RY who by the way also used to be one of the top bosses at Brighthouse!! If he doesnt sort the problem out for you write to Adrian Hill, Chairman, at the same address or why not write to them both at the same time!! The other thing which most people seem to be ignoring is - have you noticed how we are all having the fact that interest charges are at an all time low rate? BAYV havent reduced theirs!! In fact I think they have gone up during the last couple of years!! The bosses also told us the company is now owned by the banks which makes it worse!!There is a lot more going on here which people should know about so I will come back shortly with some more. In the meantime keep me informed about how you have got on with your complaints and whether my advice has helped - good luck!!

user_offline.gifreputation.gif report.gif digg.gifdelicious.giftechnorati.giffurl.gif

quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif

Billy YorkView Public ProfileSend a private message to Billy YorkFind More Posts by Billy York

post_old.gif 17th November 2009, 11:04

Hey there Jose - you are one of thousands of customers who are hoodwinked into having their accounts refinanced - you must have have been sold insurance and warranty and all that iin the past - Ill bet it was never properly explained to you. Credit cards are having to pay back a fortune because of mis selling - why should these get away with it??? If you dont complain these people will get away with it. these quotes are from employee is this really happening to consumers in the uk........

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am at an employment tribunal next week, I was sacked for standing up to my line manager after he had signed a customers finance agreement without them knowing. They then pulled me up after i lost £20 which i said that i was willing to pay back.

Here is wishing that the tribunal throw the book at them.....

Just so you know sweets, BAYV is owned by 3I plc which is the brokerage firm on behalf of three high street banks, 3I also own dunraven finance, which acts for BAYV, however just to be clever, check the address for both registered offices....(same) then check any signatures from corrispondants from BAYV and Dunraven.....(same) they are the same people, mostly dunraven finance letters come from the same office as the BAYV letters and signed off so be it crappy by the AGM (area general manager) or the AAM (Area assitant manager) then your AM (account manager) the guy that empties your meter fills the AGM with the blanks, pls beware they have notepad on their Journada's or PDQ's as somecall it, so whatever you say or do is logged.

• 3 weeks later...
To be honest i think BAYV should also have its own section on here just like BH because both of these companies need standing up to simple as that.

In view of the many BAYV and Perfect Home threads CAG has received lately, you will notice this forum has been re-named as:

BrightHouse - and other "rent to own" Hire Purchase Stores

You will also note that BAYV (for one) do actively contribute to these forums, and are quite prepared to face, and answer, any critisism or posts concerning them.

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)