Ambrose Wilson still claim debt owed. Help needed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In a recent thread (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/202990-help-needed-possible-fraudulent.html), I discussed how my Mum was being chased for a debt that she has no knowledge of.

Further from my previous post on this issue, my Mum received a letter from Ambrose Wilson today, in which they sort of admit she isn't responsible, but sort of don't. I am confused as to what my Mum should do next, so advice would be appreciated, thank you.

The letter reads in part:

We have complied with our obligations to supply you with a "True Copy" of your credit agreement. A "True Copy" is defined by Regulation 3 of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983. The "True Copy" need not, by law, contain either the signature of the debtor or the date of the signature in our case... Having been provided with this "True Copy" there is no basis for you to allege that you are exonerated from payment under the agreement, (or that we remain in breach of our obligations under the act). However, you now state that you may have been the victim of fraud and I would like to pursue this line with you... Could you please confirm your full name and address and also the length of time you have been at your address...

I would really appreciate any advice the forum could give me on this. Thanks! :)

DO NOT send them any of the requested info,it is beleved that some dca's knock up forged cca's if you supply such info. From what I can tell they have not sent an executied copy off the cca

ps. do not send any documentation (passports drivers licence ect) nor send a copy of your mothers signiture to them

time to iggnore them me thinks

silly beggers

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Could you please confirm your full name and address and also the length of time you have been at your address

Regardless, you should make a complaintto the OFT

So they have sent out a request for payment for an alleged debt, and only now wish to confirm your identity!:eek:

Deceptive and/or unfair methods

2.7 Dealings with debtors are not to be deceitful and/or unfair.

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. sending demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that

they are the debtor in question, for example, threatening debt recovery

action to 'the occupier' or sending a payment demand to all people sharing

the same name/date of birth as a debtor in the hope that contact with the

correct debtor will be made.

I would ignore them, or send them a reply that you are reporting them to the OFT and Trading Standards:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Tell your Mum, not to worry! Yeah right if she's anything like mine when she received a DCA's letter out of the blue for a debt she never owed, she was only too happy to ring them up and pay it over the phone:eek::eek::eek:

OK a more constructive and pro active approach would be to print off a couple of these letter templates, I'm sure if you give them your Mum to read they will defo put her mind at rest.

The first one is the 'General Debt letter-If you know nothing of the debt'

If you need to send this or any other letter to a debt collection agency (DCA) you should/must always send them via recorded delivery, you'd be amazed at the amount of theses letters sent to DCA's are lost by Royal Mail (Hmm The other one has bells on!)

That letter 'should' get them to respond with evidence that your Mum does some how owe the debt:-|

However it very rarely does, they are quite apt in selling it on like a hot potato to another sucker DCA who likes to buy lemons!!!!:p:p:p

Telephone Harassment letter.

Threat of Doorstep Visit letter.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!