MP letter - response query

phoenix11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks

I wrote to my MP asking first, what happens next since Adjourned Debate in the HoC in April. I then went on to express my concerns, request answers to specific queries and to raise where I believed changes needed to be made and suggestion of what and how.

I have received a response which simply thanks me for my letter and he'll be pleased to pass it on to HM Treasury.

First, I have no idea why it would be sent to HMT or whether that is the correct place for it to go.

Second, he's fobbing me off and I'd welcome any suggestions for what to write back to bring him back on the whole issue.

If my own MP will not take up from where this was left, what does happen next? Who does one turn to keep the issues from that debate open and moving forward?

Cheers

OK - I kind of understand that bit, many thanks.

So, he could pass on my letter, but that doesn't answer the question I asked him as to what happens next with regard to that debate in April.

I'm clueless about these things.

Should I expect my MP to be taking an interest becauase I've asked him and if he doesn't, how do I get to find out if this stays raised with MP's?

Or does it all get swept under the carpet - again?

If you read the Hansard report I think you will find that the last person to speak was the Minister in charge of the HMT & he said that his Ministry would look into the matters which have been raised, so no doubt any information received by MPs will be forwarded to them.

Ahhh - I must have errrrrr not read to the very end bit.

Thank you Cerbs - I'll duly reply to my MP.

BTW - you should apply for his job - at least you explain things and respond in a timely manner.

Financial services

The Treasury's financial services objective is to secure an innovative, fair dealing, competitive and efficient market in financial services, while striking the right balance with regulation in the public interest. In this section:

Financial services - HM Treasury