welcome - court - collectors - fetch car

conradsfate
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you had a court hearing yet?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

No - not yet - have phoned welcome and asked them what they are playing at but all they said was are you going to make a payment...

The Midlands Debt Recovery Ltd came the 23/June/09 and today again.

Have you paid more than 1/3 of the loan?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Please Calm Down

Do You Have The Agreement To Hand

How Long Have You Had The Agreement

Have You Paid Back More Than A Third

Have They Sent You A Default Notice

Take It Nice And Slowly So We Can Help

argument started over PPI

Car purchase from them

Wanted PPI taken off - misold - someone said I couldn't claim cause pre medical condition - nephrotic syndrome, kidneys- rang Welcome they said i still could?

I asked for a SAR only recieved few statements - no insurance details

asked again - they defaulted - so I cancled payments (hope I did right)

Got original agreement

states if you do not keep to your side of bargain but you have paid at least one third of the total amount payable under this agreement which is £2,246.24

THE CREDITOR MAY NOT TAKE BACK THE GOODS AGAINST YOUR WISHES UNLESS HE GETS A COURT ORDER. iF HE DOES TAKE THE GOODS WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT OR A COURT ORDER, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO GET BACK ANY MONEY THAT YOU HAVE PAID UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.

I'VE PAID £2,479.04 (this is on a letter they sent me stating how much I'd paid)

What I can not get is

welcome hired Irwin Micvhelle to take me to court

Irwin mitchelle sent me a claim form (Northampton county court)

I go to court get help to fill in

I get told to transfer it and get the xtra days to gather defence

I did this online

2 days later someone comes to fetch car - sent by welcome

i phone Irwin Mitchell asking whats happening - they tell me they have passed it back to Welcome

I ring Welcome - they dont know about court letter - and then ask if i'm going to make a payment

today another 2 men come for car - same company Midland Debt Recovery LTD (have searched for info bout them on internet but cannot find anything)

I dont know what to do

Am i going to court? Will I be expecting a court date? I'm confused...

Who's supposed to be dealing with it

Sorry about to many questions - its just eating me away inside

did i just miss something?

you have paid £33 over the minimum amount the letter stated you must pay before they have to take you to court to get the car back and they are still coming round for it?

just ignore them and if they come again phone the police. I am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong on that line of thought. however stopping the payments was not the right thing to do with a SAR, and should you have decided to put the account into dispute you should have written to them first to inform them of such.

They cannot just come and take the car you have paid over the 1/3 - to do so they would have to have a court order that they do not have.

You need to write to Midland Debt Recovery - remind them of their legal obligation to gain a court order before coming to see you again and any dispute they have with this should be directed to their employer i.e. Irwin Mitchell and Welcome Finance.

Any further action they take will make THEM liable to court action pursued against them by yourself.

You cannot really from a legal standpoint put your account into dispute for non production of SAR this can only be used for CCA (Welcome would still ignore it then!)

Thank you everyone for help your giving me - your brill... feels great getting stuff of my chest.

*Date on claim form - issue date - 3/june/2009

*have not done defence - i thought just tell court what i've told you and ask judge for help

*i have a default notice - served 24/sept/2008

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

FAILURE TO READ THIS LETTER MAY RESULT IN LEGAL PROCEDINGS

YOU ARE HEREBY SERVED UNDER SECTION 87 (1) OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT WITH THE ATTATCHED DEFAULT NOTICE. WE INTEND TO EXERSICE OUR RIGHTS TO ENFORCE COLLECTION UNLESS YOU CLEAR YOUR ARREARS WITHIN FOURTEEN DAYS OR ALTERNATIVLEY CONTACT ME WITH YOUR PROPOSEL FOR SETTLEMENT.

BE ADVISED THAT SHOULD YOU FAIL TO CONTACT ME AND LEGAL ACTION BECOMES NECESSARY WE MAY APPLY THROUGH THE COURTS FOR AN ATTATCHMENT OF EARNINGS ORDER TO BE MADE AND DEDUCTED VIA YOUR EMPLOYERS.

YOU WILL ALSO BE HELD LIABLE FOR LEGAL EXPENSES INCURRED.

WE STRONGLY URGE YOU TO TELEPHONE THE UNDERSIGNED IMMEDIATLEY. (theres another page with it)

*got to click abutton online - dont know which one

a) it says you dispute the whole claim or wish to make a claim (a counterclaim) against the claimant, complete the defence

b) If you admit part of the amount claimed, complete the addmision and the defence

c) If you admit all of the amount claimed and you want time to pay, complete the Admission form

*I admit the car money and intrest on it - that's all - not the insurances - they misold them to me - not fair

*When i Sar'd them - i got nothing about the insurances which i was after

*Can't contact Iwin Michelle as they passed it back - this is why im confused

*is car hire purchase - someone has informed me also about the header along top

CREDIT AGREEMENT REGULATED BY THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

cannot take the car as agrement is not sercured on car unless its a hire purchase - basic credit agreement - can only persue for sum amount

is this right?

at bottom it says HIRE PURCHASE AND CREDIT AGREEMENT ON TRADE PREMISES - regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 weekly/monthly paid...

So You Have Addmitted Part Of The Claim When You Acknowledged Service

Confirm Please

As Usual The Default Notice Is Crap

What Date Did You Acknowledge The Claim (important}

8th june/09 is that ok or to late

i've not admitted anything yet - dont know what to do.

so do i press the defend all claim?

all i filled in was an Acknowledgment of Service form

i have not admitted owing money to welcome for the car to the courts

i was just informing the consumer forums/all of you - that i admit owing for the car and the finance on it

and i didn't get my agreement with the subject access request

when i said i already had the agreement i meant i've had it from when i purchased the car - but i want going to tell Welcome that.

I Hope You Are Not To Late

Please Go Online And Press Defend All Of The Claim

Please Confirm You Did Acknowledge The Claim Online

it dont say that what you say above only this

it says you dispute the whole claim or wish to make a claim (a counterclaim) against the claimant, complete the defence

is that it?

Dont Worry About The Defence Yet

its come up saying when to use this form filing a defence and counterclaim

spacer.gifIf you wish to dispute all or part of the claim and (if appropriate) make a counterclaim you can respond to the claim with your Defence & Counterclaim using this online service, by answering the questions presented in the electronic forms that follow. You will need to complete the electronic forms and submit them to the court within 14 days of the date of service, unless you have completed and submitted an acknowledge ment of service

Before completing these forms you are strongly advised to read the notes for guidance and the claimant's particulars of claim, on the claim form N1. You should comment on every allegation made by the claimant in the particulars of claim. If you do not, the Court may consider that you admit the allegation(s). You should complete this form giving as much information about your defence as you can. If you intend to make a claim against the claimant (a counterclaim) you must provide full details of your claim (including how much you say the claimant owes you).

Have i pressed right one? sorry if i seem a bit thick - not used to this.spacer.gif

Ime A Bit Concerned That The 14 Days From Acknowledge Of Service To Do A Defence Has Passed

Ill Be Back Tomorrow With A Holding Defence For You

Can The Site Team Comment On My Question Ref 14 Days From Acknowledge Of Service

Ime A Bit Concerned That The 14 Days From Acknowledge Of Service To Do A Defence Has Passed

Ill Be Back Tomorrow With A Holding Defence For You

Can The Site Team Comment On My Question Ref 14 Days From Acknowledge Of Service

Thank you so much - hope its not to late