Is this harassment?

gemini
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today at work I received a letter addressed to me c/o my place of work with another letter and a statutory demand for my husband. (This debt has nothing to do with me it's my husband's debt, I didn't even know about it). It has gone to my firm's head office and they have had to open it and forward it on to me. This has caused me great embarassment and upset as they have worded it that I had benefitted from the 'loan' part. Are they allowed to do this and if not can I report them for taking this action?

The firm in question has underneath the company name 'accountancy, business recovery and turnaround services'. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

I would say it is harassment to send such a letter to your place of employment, especially as it is not your debt, report this to trading standards, as for your firms head office opening the letter, unnecesary for them to do so and probably illegal of them, although you probably dont want to rock the boat with your employer.

2u7t9g1.gif

Make a complaint to your local trading standards & the OFT with regards to their harassment, they are in clear breach of OFT guidelines.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/DebtCollectionComplaintForm.DOC

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

[email protected]

tel: 020 7211 5823

The Office of Fair Trading: Debt collection practices

http://oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

Thanks for getting back to me Blueda. No, I don't want to rock the boat that's for sure, but I will go to Trading Standards. The other thing I can't understand is the address on my husband's letter has the home adress on it so why not send it there?

Should I ring the company or just send it back 'return to sender'? There name and address is on the back.

The letter you have is proof for trading standards and the office of fair trading, so dont send it back,contact TS and OFT before considering contact with your husbands creditor.