style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a equita bailiff visit my wife today, He demanded payment in full for an old counsel tax bill which we are disputing because we was on benefit at time and recieving housing benefit. She told him that the counsal are investigating and they have emailed/contacted equita to put account on hold. He rang his office and they claim to have had no such request.

I wasnt home at the time and when I got back I rang his mobile and he refused to listen to me about the account being investigated and said he would be back tomorow to collect full payment. I said so what if I offered to make a payment plan and he said no and hung up on me!!

So after reading this forum I rang him back but he would'nt answer so I left him a message informing him that by hanging up on me he was refusing payment and that the counsal confirmed they had emailed the bailiffs and that it should be on hold and that I had recorded the coversation with him earlier and was reporting him.

Well that got his attention because he rang me straight back and by coinsadance he had just recieved a text cornfirming the account was on hold! And for now he wont be back.

The thing that bothers me is that he must of known this already before the visit and by visiting and ignoring the fact the account is on hold he will still charge for the visit?

Also both Equita and CT are refusing to accept a payment plan so assuming I wanted to pay some of this debt who do I send a payment plan and payment to?

I apologise for the long post.

Gareth

Yes I bet that got his attention,

I wouldn't pay him at all I would pay the council direct if you know how much it is and you can find this out by askig the council.

They know darn well that its NOT against the law for you not to pay the bailiifs But you have to pay the council.

I bet the fees were outrageous too

If you pay online they can't refuse to accept it, and if you went back to court any judge would say hang on didn't he /she try to pay you and you refused

Do it online

Send letter of your payment plan with payment and keep paying

So just to clarify.. if I just start sending a postal order each week or pay online each week they wont send the money back or lose it in the system? I guess it's worth a try.