You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• It's very difficult to read a solid block of text in the way that you have posted. Please would you mind reposting – but properly spaced on punctuated and then I'm sure that you will get the help and advice that you need. Thanks
    • I have just checked my credit file and Lowell have added this to my credit file in June, are they allowed to do this considering the accounts in dispute and they told me they had put the account on hold and had suspended all activity relating to the account, there is no marker showing for July.  
    • hi folks looking for some advice, purchased a set of alloy wheels through a company, that after 8 months wheels have started to erode, and were still under warranty, sent off an email, with pictures of all the wheels, it was not just one this happened on its all 4, after no reply, had put it down to them maybe been closed due to cover, and then called them a few weeks later, to see if they were open and had got my email, to be told they had changed there email, to forward the details onto them, as i did, they got back to me and said as they are now out of warranty as a goodwill gesture they would replace them for me, and was told that they have had problems with this wheel in the pat, and its no longer available, but in order to do this, i would have to drive over 600 miles, accommodation and a journey i am not fit for as i am recovering from cancer, i asked if i could send them back by courier, inconvenience to me as i will have to take vehicle off road to do so, but was told they would not accept them this way, and that they would hold the offer open for 6 months, or the other option was to buy another pair at cost and sell the faulty ones on eBay, was paid for on credit card, any one advice if i have any rights  thank you
    • HI   Further update email   Hi Pauline,   Thanks for your further email.   I can’t advise that you will not need to pay for the remainder of the booking until an alternative you are happy with is found, as this isn’t in line with the terms and conditions agreed to at the time of booking, or the package travel regulations. Customers who wish to keep the holiday in place would need to pay the remaining balance or it will be cancelled at the relevant charges, regardless of whether the hotel is affected.   If a booking is affected our priority will be to source an alternative hotel, to ensure customers can still go on holiday. If a suitable alternative can be provided, in line with the criteria set out in the package travel regulations, no refund will be due if the customer does not wish to travel on the holiday and make use the alternative hotel.   Kind regards,
    • Yes my signature and the correct address at the time, part of it anyway - the rest was hidden under the sticky note I'm guessing.   Ok so it is a copy of the CCA?
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4034 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

From advice given on here to my wife, we SAR'd a DCA in regard to a contested mobile phone debt. We posted on 15th May (recorded delivery 1st class) and have heard nothing back - over 40 days ago. What's the situation now? Do we have to do anything? Is the debt now null & void?

Help/advice appreciated.

Fraid not sar is only a request for information, by not complying with it you can only either put a complaint into the information commissioner or get a court order to make them comply.

cds:-|

Fraid not sar is only a request for information, by not complying with it you can only either put a complaint into the information commissioner or get a court order to make them comply.

cds:-|

or you can do both

whatever you do don't let it go -- otherwise it's just not worth sending off the SAR in the first place. Never make a move or threat unless you going to see it through to the end.

Thanks for the advice. But what's the end-game here though? If we complain to the Information Commissioner, what can that achieve, and what can they do? Ditto getting a court order?