Brunel franklin charges

lenny100

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

2 years ago before i found this wonderful site i signed up with what was then called conkers to recover both my bank and credit card charges.

I stop paying my credit card as all the amount owed was in charges and in my estimation was worth £1400, which was more than the amount owed of £1010.

Now after two years Conkers who have now become Brunel Franklin have recovered £828 from capital one who payed it back into the account then closed it down saying they would not try to recover the outstanding amount of £200 as they don't hold a valid CCa for the account after i complained to the oft as capital one had sold the account to a DCA.

Now Brunel franklin have invoiced me for £199.46 as a fee of 25%of recovered compensation +vat.

Now since capital one have closed the account they can not recover the amount owed so straight away they are going down the DCA route, ignoring the fact i am now living on disability only, and unable to pay in one go insisting i set up a 6 month payment plan of £ 55.

I need help on this one as all i can afford is £ 30 at the most, and i don't know were to turn now except to you good people.

I tried to cancel me clam for bank charges but they need it in writing, although a few week ago i found it hand =t even been put on hold in the court system even though i sent the paper work in months before the hold was put in place

It seems to me that Cap1 still owe you almost £600! Getting that back would sort out both them and BF.

I suggest you start the process again and send them a preliminary letter asking for the £500plus back. Give them 14 days to comply. THen send LBA and, if necessarty, start a court case if they don't comply. They will give in because it is clear that credit card charges are penalties and are unlawful. The fact that they admit they haven't a valid CCA jsut adds weight to your case.

Write a letter of complaint to BF telling them you are unhappy with their servive because they didn't recover evrything you were due. That should keep them off your back for a bit :)

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

more info on above

after looking through my records i started this action when i received a email stating that BF had issued a letter to capital one 14/06/2007 but according to my complaint letter received from the fsa capital one did not get a request for the money back until march 2009.

Can anybody help me out in setting out my complaint letter to BF and should i report them to the FSA etc.

more info on above

after looking through my records i started this action when i received a email stating that BF had issued a letter to capital one 14/06/2007 but according to my complaint letter received from the fsa capital one did not get a request for the money back until march 2009.

Can anybody help me out in setting out my complaint letter to BF and should i report them to the FSA etc.

Capital one agree to give me back a amount of charges BF were claiming which in 2007 could have been the right amount but due to interest etc, in the missing time was now outdated,they then payed the refund into the account although by this time i had no way of recovering the cash and the closed the account writing of a balance of 245.32. my account limit when the account was ion operation was £ 500

IN that case, just start a claim for the remaining charges from Cap1. Forget BF for now

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.