You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

RickB

CPW cold caller scam?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4030 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've just had a cold caller at my door trying to tell me that AOL,Pipex & Tiscali are bust & CPW have taken over their business. The jist of the conversation was "you should be getting free broadband & calls & shouldn't be paying BT for your line rental....sign up with me & you'll pay a total of only £21.99 a month" When I asked for some written details of the deal & confirmation that "if I didn't do anything AOL would cut off my broadband" she said she could "sign me up in 2 minutes" & when I insisted on written details she got decidedly stroppy, so I said goodbye & shut the door. I assumed this was some [problem] to get commission for signing me up to this deal and using CPWs' connections in the BT exchange? I forgot to tell her I'd been on the phone to AOL on thursday & there was no mention of any of this.

Had Then Same Sort Of Thing On The Phone

Its Called Slamming

Dont Believe A Thing Unless Its In Writing

Its Just Commision And A Contract He Is After

You should report it to AOL.

The problem is sales reps get commision for sales, so they exagerate the truth. AOL uk has been owned by CPW for a while, and tiscali has been taken over recently.

If you are in a position to switch, check out all the deals out there uswitch and moneysupermarket etc... do a comparison on broadbands. SamKnows Broadband - Availability - Broadband Availability Checker this will show you what services are available in your area if you are looking to search yourself.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar