Halfords Mis-selling issue- read on

Guest Mongoosetierney
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Mongoosetierney

I bought some side lights for my car from halfords that where advertised on the packing as 'laser blue' correct size, voltage ect for my car.(I wanted them as i have put in xeon blue/white lights and it looks daft with rubbish yellowly sidelights)

anyway, bought em, installed em... there just yellow like my old ones. i though well il give them a day to see if they needed heating up or what not to bring up the full colour. nope. There just yellow.

They cant advertise on the packing that they are laser blue sidlights when there not can they?

Will be going up tonight to halfords

Cheers

Ive posted in a nother section but i think it will get seen here and is still relevant- so sorry :)

and thanks

Could be a packaging error. Colour is subjective, but colour temperature (measured in degrees K (Kelvin) isn't. Find out what the colour temp K number is of your main beams and then try to match them for the sidelights. If they don't mention a K number, don;t bother buying them.

Ever thought they might not have been 'mis sold' but mis bought? :)

If I remember rightly, the Halfords Laser Blue bulbs are only Halogen, and your never going to get the right colour temperature as Buzby is alluding to.

Without your Xeon bulbs in, you may find the Halfords bulbs look more blue, but when compared to the xeon there is no comparison in the visual colour.

Your brain knows they are different and wont let you forget it now ;)

Guest Mongoosetierney

I doubt it to be a packaging error as there was plenty there. Yeah could be miss bought but yellow and blue are a lot different. Ive asked a good few people about them with out my main lights as to what they look like.

I might get some pic's up to show difference.