You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Guest Mongoosetierney

Halfords Mis-selling issue- read on

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4031 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Guest Mongoosetierney

I bought some side lights for my car from halfords that where advertised on the packing as 'laser blue' correct size, voltage ect for my car.(I wanted them as i have put in xeon blue/white lights and it looks daft with rubbish yellowly sidelights)

anyway, bought em, installed em... there just yellow like my old ones. i though well il give them a day to see if they needed heating up or what not to bring up the full colour. nope. There just yellow.

They cant advertise on the packing that they are laser blue sidlights when there not can they?

Will be going up tonight to halfords

Cheers

Ive posted in a nother section but i think it will get seen here and is still relevant- so sorry :)

and thanks

Could be a packaging error. Colour is subjective, but colour temperature (measured in degrees K (Kelvin) isn't. Find out what the colour temp K number is of your main beams and then try to match them for the sidelights. If they don't mention a K number, don;t bother buying them.

Ever thought they might not have been 'mis sold' but mis bought? :)

They are ordinary bulbs and probably would look blue but for your xenon being bright blue makeing them appear yellow.

If I remember rightly, the Halfords Laser Blue bulbs are only Halogen, and your never going to get the right colour temperature as Buzby is alluding to.

Without your Xeon bulbs in, you may find the Halfords bulbs look more blue, but when compared to the xeon there is no comparison in the visual colour.

Your brain knows they are different and wont let you forget it now ;)

Disclaimer...

All advice, information, views, opinions or statements, etc. offered by '
Turtle1000
' is taken at a readers 'own risk & responsibility' and 'Without Prejudice'.

Should a reader wish to undertake action following advice, information, views, opinions or statements, etc. by '
Turtle1000
', it is recommended that full & proper legal consulation be first made before any implimentation or undertakings.

Guest Mongoosetierney

I doubt it to be a packaging error as there was plenty there. Yeah could be miss bought but yellow and blue are a lot different. Ive asked a good few people about them with out my main lights as to what they look like.

I might get some pic's up to show difference.

Guest Mongoosetierney

29062009341.jpg

Thats the lights.