You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

pda123

CCJ Nonsense PLEASE HELP ME :(

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3916 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I have a CCJ from 2007 which I paid 5 months later to the creditor directly and receive a statement showing the account settled.

(and I know this is my fault, I have dragged my feet getting it marked as satisfied. so stupid)

However, I just found out that my application to a letting agency has been declined because of this. I offered to show the proof from creditor it was paid etc they said they need to letter of satisfaction from the court.

I've tried contacting them today, they are shut so I am going to the court in person tomorrow. I am just wondering if I show my proof and pay my fee can they issue a satisfaction letter on the day (tomorrow) as my letting agency are unwilling to wait any longer and I will lose my flat and deposit :(

so gutted.

(I'm in Scotland btw) any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Sorry, I just saw this. Scottish Courts don't issue CCJ's, only Decrees. It is the original pursuer who needs to confirm to the court (England?) that the action has been settled (Discharged), and this is then noted by Registry Trust who acts as the centralised store f judgements for both England and Scotland.

YOU cannot go to the court as they will have no information on old actions, and it is the pursuer who can only advise on this. Bear in mind that if the debit is already shown on your Credit File as 'settled' nothing else will change, as it sits there for 6 years.

probably because we don't have County Courts in Scotland. Buzby is quite correct, to ensure it didn't appear on your your credit file it needed to be repaid within 1 month.

In practice unless its for a large amount, has taken ages to be settled, or worst of all is still live, it shouldn't present too many problems. You can't blame the letting agency for being cautious though, there's plenty of villains out there.

The quickest solution would be to get an up to date copy of your credit file and show them the entry to prove its been satisfied.

Thanks for the replies, sorry it's taken me so long!

The issue was mainly that I received a letter of Satisfaction from my creditor (SAAS) which contained absolutely everything needed (decree number, court, date granted, date paid etc) and it had details to send to the Registry Trust to have it amended.

However, the letting agency had completed the credit check through a company who kept asking for a letter from the "county court" to which I nearly exasperated myself explaining in Scotland...we don't have em!!!

Long story short, I went to the Sheriff Court and a very nice Sheriff Clerk stamped + signed my documents and offered to call this company for me and I'm now in my flat.

what a hassle! i willl never ever ever ever ignore a summons (hopefully as i won't get one) I wish I had not been 18 when I received it = young and scared. :(