You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• You’re a lovely person, I bet you go round forums just waiting to post a negative comment in order to make yourself feel good.  I didn’t say they were at fault or that I wasn’t in the wrong. I actually said no excuse, but I was asking for advice and if it had happened to anyone else.  Cautions are recorded but as my post also said, this wasn’t a caution. 
    • Okay well I suggest that you decline the offer from Packlink and continue chasing Hermes and maybe in about seven days or 10 days time you can consider pursuing a letter of claim and then starting the county court claim.  
    • I am fairly sure that cautions are recorded, at least they would be brought up if there are any other similar cases. To  be fair, what were the shop supposed to do? Nurse or no, she broke the law. A round of applause perhaps?
    • Hello all,  During the pandemic, we all have a duty to help one another, but i feel that the current Price gouging policy of all the main public sellers such as ebay and amazon to name the biggest are actually keeping the ppe prices artificially high. and i tell you why.   pressure from bodies such as which and the trading standards in the early days to cut the price gouging listings on these platforms, has back fired!! This has now lead to a select club! being the Approved traders, as the only listings allowed to list certain ppe items, this has created a club that with ebays trending structure is keeping the prices high,   i have been at logger heads with ebay about this, they are using this policy to rip off the public, after all they take a percentage commission on every item sold.    If i try to list an item of ppe much lower that the approved traders club, my listing is rejected, and the reason given is price gouging!!!, what a joke as my listing is half the price of the approved traders and ebay know this.   they are worried that this will get out, as the conversations with the concierge service they tell me they are constantly reviewing their policy!!!. Which needs to put pressure on these companies to change the policy to create a fairer result for the public.      
    • You might want to check your contract notice as you’ll need to be given that or given legal notice under 2 years (1 week), usually instant is for gross misconduct which this doesn’t appear to be. Again need to check contract but minimum 1 week I believe legally.   I agree they should have better processes in place but they’ve terminated you for unsatisfactory performance they can do that.   It sucks but it’s not unfair, I can see a discriminatory reason posted either so I think best bet will be to look for something new.    Most likely they need to lose heads & knowing they will have to pay contributions in August chose to lose you as you have been there less than 2 years and have very little rights as a result.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 9 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Guest ritty182

£3000 EON gas bill

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3940 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Guest ritty182

Just recieved letter from Buchananclark and Wells regarding EON that I owe £3000, to an account from our previous address which we sold 3 months ago and have not lived in for 18 months.

It suppose to cover a period from 1/2005 to 3/2009, I had my elec with Eon, but have never had a bill from Eon for my Gas or any other letters regarding this bill and didn't realise I was with Eon for Gas.

Does the billing code apply, what steps do I take.

Thanks

Who was supplying your gas? did you pay any supplier for your gas?

Guest ritty182

To honest it was a bad time, I was out of work and we had just had our first child. It was hard enough trying to paying the bills that came through.

The billing code may not apply here then if you have not contacted them unfortunately, as harsh as that may be. BUT if you have contacted them in the past about your gas then this should show up on your electric account with them. Was this a new build property? If so, and you did query it then call should show up on the builders account.

Guest ritty182

We contacted them to change to them from British Gas, but have only been billed for elec with them.

Then there is a possibility the billing code could apply here then. Unfortunately you will have to call them and find out the circumstances as to why it took so long for them to bill you since going over from British Gas. Call them and ask why they have taken so long to bill you, ask what readings they are billing you from and too and request the dates. You will need a full breakdown of the bill then come back to us and we will try and give the best advice. I assume you had a final bill from BG? If so how long ago was that? Check the final read on your BG bill and make sure that Eon are using that as the start read.

Guest ritty182

Spoke to Eon and they confirmed they have never sent me a bill and will have to investigate why its happened. They have the correct reading from BG to start with, but have used an estimate for final bill.

Sounds promising then. Why have they estimated the final read? Did you give them a read when you sold the property? Ask them to check if the new occupants have provided a read and request they recalculate the bill.

Sorry, ignore the comment about asking if you provided them with a read.

Guest ritty182

Update.

Have today recieved a new bill from EON for £745, they have credited my account nearly £2300, as they had not billed me in the previous years.

Oooooooooooh Excellent !!! I Read This As The Same Has Happenned To Me But With British Gas , Hope I Have The Same Outcome ! Congratulations :)

Hi, I have a similar situation.

I moved into a new build 5 years ago, suppliers set up by the agents as I moved in.

No gas bills, which I admit I should have queried, but was totally skint and didn't know who to chase so I brushed it under the carpet.

Finally last October I got a phone call from EON, who had my home number, so obviously had had me on record.

They asked for a meter reading and said that as it was their error they would write off the bill apart from the last 12 months. I gave them the reading and awaited the bill. Nothing.

Then one day around easter a man knocked on my door saying I owed £2200 for my gas.

He looked through the file, said all my bills had been going to some random address in manchester.

They had never chased anything until now, and wanted the money.

He took another reading and left saying they would bill me for my current bill and then set up an arrangement for the balance.

I still got nothing until July(ish).

They demanded the whole amount or I would be cut off.

I wrote back asking to arrange to pay £100 a month initially, hoping to increase the amount as my situation improves.

They replied saying I could only pay £169 a month, or go through a third party debt agency and see if they would accept less.

I waited to hear from them again.

Today I got a note through the door saying they have been and will get a warrant to change the locks, enter the house, cut me off, and claim the money, plus charge me £230 for doing it.

I have explained to them I do not deny the debt, but as it has taken 5 years for them to chase I would like a little time to repay it.

They have not reduced the amount of the bill.

Does anyone have any advice for helping to get an arrangement accepted please?

Thank you.