Viking Collection Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Ok, so my GE Money CC has now been passed over to these guys.

Anyone had any experience with them? Wondering if I can offer to pay half to balance to clear the debt.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Many thanks!:)

When did you originally take out the CC?

what is the outstanding balance (rounded)?

I certainly wouldn't be offering half of anything until they have convinced me that they have a right to collect the debt and that they can prove I am liable - and to be fair I take an awful lot of convincing :D

If you are looking at a full and final settlement, remember that they probably only pay coppers for the debt in the first place

If they convinced me (as above) I would possibly consider offering them 15% to 25% and see what happened, start low and let them think they are knocking up the value, whereas if you start at half the value, they will only haggle upwards

Hi,

This is not for bank charges. It's a credit card.

Thanks.

When did you originally take out the CC?

what is the outstanding balance (rounded)?

I certainly wouldn't be offering half of anything until they have convinced me that they have a right to collect the debt and that they can prove I am liable - and to be fair I take an awful lot of convincing :D

If you are looking at a full and final settlement, remember that they probably only pay coppers for the debt in the first place

If they convinced me (as above) I would possibly consider offering them 15% to 25% and see what happened, start low and let them think they are knocking up the value, whereas if you start at half the value, they will only haggle upwards

In the link to the final settlement, it goes on abotu bank charges?:confused:

Aaah, I see.

Those links are inserted automatically if you type in certain words or phrases, ie type in SAR and it will automatically post a link about them. Nowt to do with the person offering the advice.

I would certainly CCA them/ send them a prove it letter, it may put them on their back foot and if there is no cca you can either cease payments altogether of offer a much reduced F&F