Welcome - What Now????

gavin2121
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, (Help Please)

Ok... Have sent welcome a Subject Access Request on the 17th June inc £10 PO. No Reply

That was followed by an Account In Dispute letter (dated 18th June) due to them failing to provide a copy of our agreement (CCA)...No Reply

Both were recorded and delivered on the 19th June....

What Now ??????:confused:

If you stopped your payments when you put the account in dispute you could find that the next step will be either an offer to accept a reduced final settlement or a LBA. If the former, up to you if you want to agree a deal; if the latter, be prepared to defend in court.

If you get a F&F offer, post again for further advice.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

If you stopped your payments when you put the account in dispute you could find that the next step will be either an offer to accept a reduced final settlement or a LBA. If the former, up to you if you want to agree a deal; if the latter, be prepared to defend in court.

If you get a F&F offer, post again for further advice.

what's an LBA??

Hi All, (Help Please)

Ok... Have sent welcome a Subject Access Request on the 17th June inc £10 PO. No Reply

That was followed by an Account In Dispute letter (dated 18th June) due to them failing to provide a copy of our agreement (CCA)...No Reply

Both were recorded and delivered on the 19th June....

Hi

My understanding of it is if you had only sent the Subject Access Request on the 17th June, they have 40 days plus 2 days for postage to respond to you ( making the latest they can reply by the 29th July ). If I have understood you correctly, then I dont think it was the right idea to send an account in dispute letter so soon afterwards as they havent been given sufficient time to respond to your request.

Apologies if I am wrong on this, Im sure I will be corrected if what I have said is untrue and so I will stand corrected quite happily :D!

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

Hi

My understanding of it is if you had only sent the Subject Access Request on the 17th June, they have 40 days plus 2 days for postage to respond to you ( making the latest they can reply by the 29th July ). If I have understood you correctly, then I dont think it was the right idea to send an account in dispute letter so soon afterwards as they havent been given sufficient time to respond to your request.

Apologies if I am wrong on this, Im sure I will be corrected if what I have said is untrue and so I will stand corrected quite happily :D!

The account in default letter was sent due to their failure to reply to my original CCA requset sent some 14 days earlier (12+2)... it wasn't sent as a follow up to my Subject Access Request.

Is it really 42 days that they have to respond to my SAR??

The account in default letter was sent due to their failure to reply to my original CCA requset sent some 14 days earlier (12+2)... it wasn't sent as a follow up to my Subject Access Request.

Is it really 42 days that they have to respond to my SAR??

Yes - from the date of postage, they have 42 days to issue a response - pain in the a**e I know, but thats the law of the land im afraid :)

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **