Have you received a "Phantom" CCJ or Judgement by Default ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a response from the legal complaints service.

A caseworker will contact me within 25 days to ensure they have all the information needed to progress my case.

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update, Remus. Hopefully, by the time they get around to replying to all of us.. all the letters sent in the last couple of weeks will have piled up :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 months later...

Heads up - Radio 5 Live tomorrow - about 7.30pm

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bryan Carter-''Judgement obtained''.????..

I asked for a s78 copy on behalf of friend way back last July '09 and again in Oct 09 and received letter form Carter saying account was on hold and matter had been referred to their client Nationwide.No copy of CCA sent

Early this February 2010 out of the blue received letter stating a Judgement had been obtained and that He (Carter) was waiting for ''payment proposals from my friend'' :eek:...I thought that was the Court's job..LOL

I wrote to him in late Feb requesting details of where the judgement etc...took place...

Then we received a subsequent letter saying our letter had been received and the matter was again referred back to Nationwide and account put on hold:rolleyes:

In the meantime a letter from us had already been sent to the Office for Supervision of Solicitors AND SRA...we are awaiting the response

m2ae:)

Edited by means2anend

I look at like a party. You can't complain it is a sucky party because no-one has taken a bottle. Likewise, they may or may not do something, but I would wager quite a lot of money that they certainly won't if no-one tells them...

Wouldnt you just love to pull that letter out in court.

As part of you preamble, (in best tremulous voice and with an absolutely straight face).

" I'm just glad to be getting a fair hearing Sir/Madam. The letter they sent me said they had instructed you to pass judgement against me"

Bet they ask to see it.....:-D

David

Would claiming to have the authority to instruct the Court like this constitute an offence under 135 (b) of The County Court Act 1984?

135 Penalty for falsely pretending to act under authority of court

Any person who—

(a)delivers or causes to be delivered to any other person any paper falsely purporting to be a copy of any summons or other process of a county court, knowing it to be false; or

(b)acts or professes to act under any false colour or pretence of the process or authority of a county court;

shall be guilty of an offence and shall for each offence be liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 7 years.

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

I have received a letter on behalf of my friend from SRA this afternoon regarding Carter.

''I write further to your letter dated 26 Feb 2010.As you are aware a file has been opened in the Conduct Investigation Unit.

To assist us in considering your report I would be grateful if you could please provide copies of the correspondence that you have exchanged with the firm on this issue.

It would be appreciated if you could supply the required information within the next 14 days.

If in the meantime you have any queries please feel free to contact this unit.''

Yours sincerely

Amy Rheams

Customer Services Officer

Conduct Investigation Unit

m2ae;)

Would claiming to have the authority to instruct the Court like this constitute an offence under 135 (b) of The County Court Act 1984?

Any person who—

(a)delivers or causes to be delivered to any other person any paper falsely purporting to be a copy of any summons or other process of a county court, knowing it to be false; or

(b)acts or professes to act under any false colour or pretence of the process or authority of a county court;

shall be guilty of an offence and shall for each offence be liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 7 years.

It is always worth writing to the Court Manager and asking if this is true ! When **** advised that they already had a Default Judgement. Requested 2 days before the deadline, even though they had been advised a defence had been put in. I spoke to a clerk at Northampton who confirmed this was incorrect, they hadnt got the default Judgement, then went on to advise that I should write to the Court manager with a copy of ****'s letter.

I have received a letter on behalf of my friend from SRA this afternoon regarding Carter.

''I write further to your letter dated 26 Feb 2010.As you are aware a file has been opened in the Conduct Investigation Unit.

To assist us in considering your report I would be grateful if you could please provide copies of the correspondence that you have exchanged with the firm on this issue.

It would be appreciated if you could supply the required information within the next 14 days.

If in the meantime you have any queries please feel free to contact this unit.''

Yours sincerely

Amy Rheams

Customer Services Officer

Conduct Investigation Unit

m2ae;)

Please keep us updated.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Try this one I think Section 136 is more appropiate:-

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/reports/consumer_credit/oft298.pdf

I have a complaint in with Legal Services Ombudsman about SRA's handling of a Complaint I made re Howard Cohen regarding a letter from them implying that a CCJ as in existence when it wasn't. I have no qualms in pursuing these scumbags to the bitter end. I may even consider a private prosecution depending on reply from LSO.

Edited by Mightyacorn
Spelling !!!

Full wording under the Act:-

Any person who—

136 Penalty for falsely representing document to have been issued from county court

(1)It shall not be lawful to deliver or cause to be delivered to any person any document which was not issued under the authority of a county court but which, by reason of its form or contents or both, has the appearance of having been issued under such authority.

(2)If any person contravenes this section, he shall for each offence be liable on summary conviction to a fine of an amount not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.

(3)Nothing in this section shall be taken to prejudice section 135.