Have you received a "Phantom" CCJ or Judgement by Default ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It would appear that solicitors acting on behalf of the claimant are writing to defendants advising that a County Court Judgement or Judgement by Default has been issued. Usually this letter includes a standing order slip or bank giro slips.

When checking with the Court in question, defendants are finding this to be untrue.

Where the recipient of these letters is making a complaint to the SRA (Solicitors Regulation Authority) they are usually being advised that the letter was sent out in "error"

If you have received one of these letters, please put a link to your thread or a brief summary here.

Many thanks

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sechiari, Clark & Mitchell, acting on behalf of LTSB.

Letter dated 20th June (saturday) received on 26th June advising that a default judgement had been obtained and that the court would be advising in due course.

A standing order slip was enclosed.

I telephoned the court only to discover that **** had applied for a default judgement on the 22nd June as a defence had been filed and they had been notified ,it was rejected. Please note... the application for Default Judgement had been made 2 days AFTER the letter had been dated.

received this from **** on behalf of the the 'Dark Donkey':

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt231/robntanya/LLOYDSENFJDGMTletter-1.jpg

just one of their underhand efforts to uphold the implication of their initials;)

Sechiari,Clark & Mitchell,acting on behalf of LTSB

SCUM-1-1.jpg

Letter dated 7th May 2009 advising they have requested Judgement Order,therefore a Judgement Order will be sent by the Courts in due time. Judgement balance had increased by £50.Enclosed was a Standing Order Mandate. 7 days later a paying in book was received.A judgement can only be applied for if a defence is not filed,my defence was not due until 18th June.

Telephoned court today (29th June) and no such request had been made??

False representation of Authority. Example of unfair practice:

Falsely implying or stating that action has been taken when it has not,for example,that civil action has been taken or that a court Judgement has alredy been obtained.

Edited by shirei12
link added

This is great idea for a thread!!!!!

How many have to be sent before 'Human Error' becomes a joke, I think we have alreadly passed that point.

Regardless of ethics, solicitors surely have to convey acurate information and behave comptantly, so consistantly sending out letters with 'human errors' makes the organisation incompantant. I am sure the Law society would be very interested in repeated incompatance.

Can you imagine a solicitor writing to the deceased execotors saying the estate is worth £1000 when it's actually worth £100,000.

This 'Phantom CCJ' has to stop

If we can post 50+ examples there must be case for the Law society:cool:

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

just another play on word surely?

they are saying 'requested', & if judgement IS successful then you must pay what the court decrees. in the 'meantime' .... like to pay us now, incase we win.

thats the way i read it.

dx

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they are saying 'requested', & if judgement IS successful then you must pay what the court decrees. in the 'meantime' .... like to pay us now, incase we win.

thats the way i read it.

dx

Yes they are saying requested but on information from court today NO REQUEST has been made in my case. Also nowhere in the letter does it state & if judgement IS successful then you must pay what the court decrees. They DO state a Judgement amount though which is £50 more than the claim!

if they get a judgement, then it will cost more.....

don't agree with it, but if read as it should be, its a clever play on words,

in my books.

very clever, but also very crafty!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thats the way i read it.

dx

I had to read it several times DX because in the first sentence they say....

"We have requested".. (so ok, you assume that is exactly what they have done .. made a request).. but in the 2nd sentence they say...

"A Judgement Order detailing payment will therefore be sent to you by the court in due course"..

This to me reads as though it was not only requested but given .

I think all those receiving anything that is "ambiguous" as some of these letters are should be making a complaint to the SRA, the address is

Here is the address for LCS

Legal Complaints Service

Victoria Court

8 Dormer Place

Leamington Spa

Warwickshire

CV32 5AE

If people post their responses here and we see how they are "investigated".. then perhaps we can plot what to do next.

I wrote to the court and copied BOTH letters to ****.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

thats the way i read it.

dx

But they arent saying... "If Judgement IS successful".. are they.. they are saying ...

"A Judgement Order will be sent to you in due course".. which is an assumption on THEIR part.

In my situation, they took that one step further and dated and sent out the letter before they had even made their request :confused: What made them so certain they would get a Judgement ?..

If that isnt intimidation, I dont know what is.

BCOBS

Howard Cohen do this regularly.

Have had a letter stating Judgement has been entered against you.

As have several other people dealing with this lot.

Some have already complained to the SRA and some will be filing complaints in due course.

See our CL finance threads.

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

They had 'requested' (past tense) but investigations proved otherwise. A clear attempt to mislead by asserting an untrue 'fact' which to the ill-informed could be to the letter writers advantage (I wonder how often this threatogram actually works for them). I have to agree with post 4.

Edited by blipvert
typo

I agree with DX100UK.

We have requested the County Court to enter Judgment against you.

It is for the court to pass on the paperwork of the claim. Nice of them to inform you of their actions, pity they do not enclose a copy of their claim itself.

A judgment Order detailing payment will therefore be sent to you by the court in due course.

This contravenes CPUT Regulation 7*. Clearly they cannot make an assumption judgment will be given even if they have actually received a copy of your defence. Neither can they make out you have no chance of addressing the court with affordable payments and must accept whatever they themselves have put.

* They will not have a CCA licence, however, LTSB can be prosecuted by OFT for any offences under CPUT done by another party on their behalf.

Please ensure payments are made in accordance with the Judgment Order to prevent enforcement proceedings....

Again, there are too many assumptions aimed at making the consumer unaware of the real court process, another CPUT breach.

Good point. Cannot see a judge taking kindly to some-one making his/her decisions on a their behalf.

Yes, it wouldn't help their case.

I suspect in many cases it is unlikely to come to that. Even if they have actually issued, (Northampton, it's cheap, no documentation required), only 20% of POC's result in actual court action.

David

PS Yes, I think they are on pretty thin ice, but it is LTSB!

David

I kind of got the impression from the court when I phoned, that I was being covertly advised to make a complaint to the court.. which of course I did :D

all letters signed for on the 26th June:D

BCOBS

This sounds like the letter I received from Bryan Carter and co. I have never received any papers from the court. I was going to write to them and offer a token payment of £5 per month, but I had no idea who these people were, and after googling them I ended up here. I am now sending them the CCA letter instead.

I did originally have a debt with Nationwide BS, which was mainly made up of bank charges. I did write to them ages ago (must be about 3 or 4 years) offering them token payments, but I never heard anything back.

CB any chance of a copy of that letter???

Which letter, the one I received or the one I sent to the court and SRA ?

Received a letter from the SRA today..

"A File has been opened in the Conduct Investigations Unit. I enclose an information sheet about this unit and it's approach.

Your file will be allocated a caseworker within the next 4 - 6 weks. Please accept my apologies for the delay. Once the caseworker has considered the matter they may send a copy of your letter to the solicitor concerned"

There is a bit more waffle but basically they are going to take a long time to investiage, presumably because they have loads of complaints !!

They might as well save time by not sending a copy of my letter to ****, because I copied them into both complaints and it says so on the bottom of the letter to the SRA. It is interesting to see they too, are reading my letters with due diligence :rolleyes:

BCOBS

You would think that this would make a nice juicy story for the media. Certain solicitors have hundreds (possibly in the thousands in the case of Bryan Carter) of complaints made against them to the SRA without any discernable action ever being taken :mad:

I think there are one or two threads along a similar line to this, HuffnPuff. If we can collect enough evidence that this is happening then perhaps something can be done.

This is one of the good things about a site like this.. eventually people will get to see they arent the only person being persecuted in this way and as a group can do something about it. :)

BCOBS