2 Days to Go (Court Date)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

is it nottingham county court???

Generally you go in and report to the clerk and they give you an approx waiting time if they are running late etc - they will tell you how many people if any are in front of you. They then tell you to take a seat near by so you can hear them call you. I've been to Nottingham twice and the longest wait has been 10 mins.

Hi Andy,

Yes its Nottingham

What happens when you get in, do the cliamant go first or the defendant ?

Its my first time so a little on edge

cheers

Notts

As a great man once said " All Men Can Fly But Some Only in One Direction"

Notts

Once The Judge Sees You Are In Person With No Legal Advisor, He/she Will Take Charge As A Rule,

The Judge Will Not Let The Other Side Bully You

Say Goodmorning When You Enter

The Judge Will Have A Look Through The Papers And Will Direct Things

Just Speak Clearly And Polite

Its Not As Bad As What People Think

Forget Criminal Trial

Totally Different Civil Cases

More Relaxed

You are both asked to go in together - each time I have gone in my first question to the clerk is - "have they turned up??" :)

The "court" is actually no more than an office with a massive table and some (quite comfy) chairs.

The judge sits and a desk at the top and you take one side and the other side take the other.

Each time I've been I've been the claimant and the judges have been really good in explaining everything that is going on and translating legalease to something I can understand - I'm sure you'll be fine

Nottsdave,

Relax as much as you can. Hard i kkow, I've been to court 3 times now and still get butterflies!!

Watch out for the other side trying to negotiate just outside the court room. They bluff, especially when they haven't got a case. Last time I went to court, their 'solicitor' told me I should accept that I owe the money and that we would be out within 10 minutes with judgment and heavy costs against me. I just said I'll wait for the judge please.

As soon as we went in, the judge took charge and told the solicitor he would have have dismissed the claim if he had looked at the papers but a deputy judge had set the case for a hearing, so there we were. Instantly, the solicitor changed his tune and asked for an adjournment for a month to settle. The judge told him "you have 2 weeks to submit an amended claim!. Good day!" Case is still ongoing and the longer it does, the less likely they are of winning.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request