SKY CARD (part of barclays) CCA

carpinjoy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone please have a look at this and confirm what I believe, I think that this credit card is enforcable. Thank you claggers. The forum is telling me that I cant post an attachment at the moment I will get it on asap.

Edited by carpinjoy

I cant get it posted as the system is saying that I mat not post attachments ???. Can someone please help. I posted attachments on two other issues earlier, so I dont understand why I cant do it on the SKYCARD issue:confused:

Moving your thread into the BC forum.

If you're having probs using an attachment, could you instead link to the doc't using Photobucket.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Need some inspiration here, I have posted 3 different attachments today all on cag site with no problems, yet I still cant post my CCA onto this thread. I have tried photobucket that is worse, I just dont know why it wont let me post on the barclaycard thread. At the bottom of all the faces it is telling me I cannot post attachments. Can someone help please.

I'll report this to see if our WebTechyBod can explain and/or rectify this for you.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Unfortunately, this contains all the prescribed T&C's - as long as this originally had your signature on.

The only thing wrong with it is the stamp, which is across part of the T&C's - but I doubt this is enough to put the account into dispute.

I would recommend writing to them and asking that they accept lower payments if you are finding it difficult at the moment.

Thank you clemma, I thought it was allright, I have been in touch with them and quite honestly out of all 6 crediters that I owe money too, they have been the most pleasent and accomodating with no threats or defaults, and accepted the minimum payment for 6 months. If only the rest had the same attitude I would not be in this position. Still the rest have a war on their hands as it looks like 3 are unenforcable, and the other 2 you know about. Many thanks again clemma, I will keep you and the rest of our happy band updated as things progress.

Hi Carpinjoy, i have the exact same application form from Skycard and have been arguing the case as they have not stated a credit limit it is unenforceable and that it is not signed by the debtor. I was in the middle of drafting a letter stating case law below when i saw this thread:-

I refer to the case Central Trust Plc V Spurway [2005] CCLR,where HHJ Overend states

24. In my judgment, the passages of Lord Nicholls’ speech cited by Mr Say persuade me that:

(a)The amount of credit must mean credit in its technical sense, and

(b)That although the use of the word “credit” is not prescribed, there should not be any confusion in the mind of the lay reader as to what the amount of credit is.

This is my first post, although i have been a member for quite a while, and picked up some very useful information.

I am now in a quandry as what to do now as i have seen a lot of Shadows postings and he is much more knowledgable on these matters than i am.

I would appreciate his/anyone's opinion on this?

Whilst the skycard doesnt state an actual figure it does have a statement that the provider will set the credit limit and advise you of this limit.

This thread details the prescribed terms

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/105315-my-agreement-enforceable-useful.html

I quote from that thread.

D Credit limit

This may be a term or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit.

Sorry..

S.

Looks like S. is right on this marc.w, I wish that he was not. I thought in my own mind that it was allright after looking at other threads on other CCAs and it seemed to me that skycard had covered all the bases, sorry. Keep clagging on this thread if you persue your CCA with them as I would be very interested as to how you get on.

I have the same problem getting this attachment posted, so I have decided to post it on this thread since the problem with my attachment was sorted on this one, please move it when the problem is sorted on the other thread. Will someone look at this and let me know what you think. A big THANK YOU. problem occurs when I start a new thread.

Thanks to all, well four out of six is not bad, 2 Y.B, 1 Crap one, 1 Intelligent Finance, all seem to be unenforcable at the moment, plus 2 Y.B bank charges, 1 Barclays bank charges, I think that is enough to be getting on with dont you. I will require a lot of guidence as it all unfolds. A special thanks to S., sunflower99, and clemma.

• 1 month later...

Sky have now sent a door collection bloke, he put me on the phone to them, they argue that since they refused the token payment and told me to get in touch with CAB (which I did, appointment set, I let them know the referance No and date of appointment), they are wanting more money from me, threatening to sell it on to a dca. I told them to go ahead as there is no chance of any more money getting paid to them. I have had a standing order in place since the start, which is still ongoing. The man left without any probs as he thought that I knew something about where I stand regards skycard. At least I think I do!!!. Am I right in thinking that the dca will have a go then pass it back, or will they persue the court line, surely not given my circumstances.

Sky have now sent a door collection bloke, he put me on the phone to them, they argue that since they refused the token payment and told me to get in touch with CAB (which I did, appointment set, I let them know the referance No and date of appointment), they are wanting more money from me, threatening to sell it on to a dca. I told them to go ahead as there is no chance of any more money getting paid to them. I have had a standing order in place since the start, which is still ongoing. The man left without any probs as he thought that I knew something about where I stand regards skycard. At least I think I do!!!. Am I right in thinking that the dca will have a go then pass it back, or will they persue the court line, surely not given my circumstances.

You say the standing order is set up, is that to skycard paying the amount you have told them you can afford?

Did they back off when you gave them details of the CAB meeting?

Did you receive a default notice and termination for the skycard? Have you posted up for people to advise? The agreement may be enforceable but they still have to exit the contract properly.

As to court, I'm afraid it is a chance even if remove.....if you cant pay anymore and have no equity in house or other disposable assets then they wont get much by taking you to court.. its in nobodies interest to make you a bankrupt either unless you have the assets/equity.

S.

The standing order went into place when I sent a letter explaining my situation for a minimum payment as advised by CCCS, I sent a copy of CCCS report to Skycard in the same letter. All seemed to be okay untill I got a phone call from them stating that CCCS report not good enough, they then suggested that I get in touch with CAB, they would accept their report. Things have got turned around since then, they seem not to want to wait for the appointment that I have with CAB. Nothing in writing accepting or declining the CCCS request.:(

The standing order went into place when I sent a letter explaining my situation for a minimum payment as advised by CCCS, I sent a copy of CCCS report to Skycard in the same letter. All seemed to be okay untill I got a phone call from them stating that CCCS report not good enough, they then suggested that I get in touch with CAB, they would accept their report. Things have got turned around since then, they seem not to want to wait for the appointment that I have with CAB. Nothing in writing accepting or declining the CCCS request.:(

Ok, obviously they now want to see what CAB come up with as a figure after CCCS decided £1 was all you could manage... ENSURE you tell CAB that CCCS worked it out at £1 and that Sky/Barclays turned that down and told them to go to CAB.

You need to play hardball with Sky/Barclaycard and stop speaking to them on the phone, in writing only!!!!

I would personally send them a letter saying you have made an appointment with CAB as THEY have requested and as such you DEMAND they back off until you have had a chance to speak to CAB.

S.