You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

No1SonicFan

Ruthbridge Ltd ~ Scary Dary....

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4029 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, newbie here :waves:

We received the "Please call this freephone number with this reference number..." letter addressed to "The Occupier" and I am so glad I googled before I phoned.

We sent the "We do not acknowledge any debt..." letter last Friday and by Wednesday this week just gone we had a reply for a tenant from AT LEAST 3 and a half years ago! My partner sent it back to the return address and marked it "unknown at this address" and that was that. They don't have our names and they don't have our phone numbers.

What I'm concerned about is the fact the first letter that was left didn't come in an envelope so I'm thinking it was hand-delivered. Are these people likely to call again? I know I'm under no obligation to answer my door or indeed engage in any kind of conversation at all but we're having some really hot weather and I don't wanna live with my doors and windows closed! (which I did by the way whilst waiting to find out just who they were looking for). I fear for my children really. I don't want them seeing mummy stressed and upset and the rest of it which is what will happen if I get a visitor.

anyway, thank you for reading. I have learned a lot reading these forums today.

Some DCAs send postcards which are designed in such a way to appear as if they have been hand delivered. It is very rare to get a personal visit particularly this early in their 'tracing'.

If they do continue to pursue, make a complaint to Consumer Direct;Consumer Direct - Contact us they will redirect you to your local Trading Standards. Also make a complaint to the OFT; The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

email the OFT at debtcollectionguidance@oft.gsi.gov.uk

In the highly unlikely event that you do get a visit, keep calm you are not the one they're after. Tell them firmly that you are not the person they are looking for nor do they live at your address. Inform them that they are now tresspassing and to leave or you will call the police. Make a note of the vehicle they are using & it's registration.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thanks for the advice :)

So far we've heard nothing back but I dare say we've not quite heard the end of it just yet...