BankFodder BankFodder

meandbex

Eurotel/Digitel/Siemens

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3849 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was wondering if someone woud be kind enough to help me at all please, well i should say my father in law.

he has a car yard, and well tbh he isnt a silly man at all, but when it comes to technical stuff he isnt right up there in the world of knowledge tbh.

The reason i am writing to try and help him, is that he sells cars on some land that was owned by someone else who he paid rent to. Sadly the guy who woned the landhas passed on last week and now the father in law is going to wind up and enjoy life.

he isnt in debt, never has been and owes no-one a penny. BUT he is worried about a landline agreement which, tbh even has me puzzled. It seems a contract was issued by DIGITEL (digiteldirect.com) for a digital network and telephone system., a digital samsung display handset, a fax machine and a digital enhance cordless phone.

The totally mad thing is that the above website now directs to fabspider.com. His bills now come from them and he is paying line rental!!!!

The contract states that he is to pay £58 a month for all of that, but is to have free installation, free line rental, free broadband, ( he didnt know this until last week and never has had a pc-i do his pictures for autotrader at home)free fax machine, and £50 cashhback for 4 motnhs. The phoneline and calls are to stay with unicom who i believe he has now cancelled with and is now with fabspider!!!! The contract date of signing was 27/02/08.

My father in law though the term was for 72 weeks and not 72 months as it was always always his intention to retire in 2010 and therefore would not have run the risk of over comiting himself.

Now, on top of that, there is a direct debit form, for business equipment finance. My father in law insists he hasnt had any finance (and tbh i believe him as he pays cash for everything regardless how much stuff is) and well tbh, what has me worried is that the alleged signature from him on the DD form , does NOT match any of the others that are officially his.

The date of that form is 18/03/08:?

Now it appears from what i can see that all the equipment has come from Siemens on a hp agreement for all the samsung stuff listed above ie fax machine phone etc.

The £50 cashback for 4 montsh has never happened from what ic an see on his statementsand on 31st march 08 was billed £153 and he has no idea why or what for. It was paid by dd and then all paymenyt sto last month have been £58 as what has been described as FREE but then a finance hp agreement has been made.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what i can do for the father in law as he really does not want to be paying out another 58 month for the next 4 years, and especially as he has no business from next week.

Edited by meandbex

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2011 - Loans.co.uk (GE Finance) £1504.77

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

2019 - Citicard - £1071.31

was wondering if someone woud be kind enough to help me at all please, well i should say my father in law.

he has a car yard, and well tbh he isnt a silly man at all, but when it comes to technical stuff he isnt right up there in the world of knowledge tbh.

The reason i am writing to try and help him, is that he sells cars on some land that was owned by someone else who he paid rent to. Sadly the guy who woned the landhas passed on last week and now the father in law is going to wind up and enjoy life.

he isnt in debt, never has been and owes no-one a penny. BUT he is worried about a landline agreement which, tbh even has me puzzled. It seems a contract was issued by DIGITEL (http://www.digiteldirect.com) for a digital network and telephone system., a digital samsung display handset, a fax machine and a digital enhance cordless phone.

The mad thing is, is that the website above now points to fabspider??? http://fabspider.com/ Its showing as line rental of £57 a month and fixed line at £13????

The contract states that he is to pay £58 a month for all of that, but is to have free installation, free line rental, free broadband, ( he didnt know this until last week and never has had a pc-i do his pictures for autotrader at home)free fax machine, and £50 cashhback for 4 motnhs. The phoneline and calls are to stay with unicom who i believe he has now cancelled with and is now with fabspider!!!! The contract date of signing was 27/02/08.

My father in law though the term was for 72 weeks and not 72 months as it was always always his intention to retire in 2010 and therefore would not have run the risk of over comiting himself.

Now, on top of that, there is a direct debit form, for business equipment finance. My father in law insists he hasnt had any finance (and tbh i believe him as he pays cash for everything regardless how much stuff is) and well tbh, what has me worried is that the alleged signature from him on the DD form , does NOT match any of the others that are officially his.

The date of that form is 18/03/08:confused:

Now it appears from what i can see that all the equipment has come from Siemens on a hp agreement for all the samsung stuff listed above ie fax machine phone etc.

The £50 cashback for 4 montsh has never happened from what Information Commissioner an see on his statementsand on 31st march 08 was billed £153 and he has no idea why or what for. It was paid by dd and then all paymenyt sto last month have been £58 as what has been described as FREE but then a finance hp agreement has been made.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what i can do for the father in law as he really does not want to be paying out another 58 month for the next 4 years, and especially as he has no business from next week.

Edited by meandbex

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

It's a bit hard to decipher that lot, but if he suspects that he has goods and services that he has not signed an agreement for, then he should send a cca request which will cost £1.

If the signatures don't match then he don't pay easy as that. Should the companies get funny, he can ask where they got this so called signature and throw in the word 'fraud' somewhere puting the burdon of proof squarely on their shoulders.

I would also cancel any direct debits and wait for letters demanding payment so he know exactly who is taking this money from his account.

He might have legitimately signed but been conned in a similar manner to a lot of utility company sellers who purport to be doing a survey or something and get a signature at the bottom only for someone to later descover that they have had their gas and electric changed to another company.

You need to go through his paperwork throughly to see if there are any copies of these 'agreements' and exactly what the wording is on them.

Telecom products are not covered by the CCA, only credit (ie sale of money).

6 years is a long time to sign a contract for. I don't know any other company that does this length, however as he signed up for all this I don't know what he can do.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Ok, it's early morning - an SAR for a tenner.

A lot of info and a whopping mess. This firm made most of its money by promising telco services and arranging equipment which would be lieased to business users. This was because it is 100% reclaimable against business taxes, so on the whole it doesn;t come out of his profits, it is added to his running costs.

This will be a business arrangement, to there are lots of consumer law benefits that will NOT apply here - and on the basis of the minimum term mistake - as he's agreed to it, and signed for it it cannot be argued that it was thought to be 1.5 years and not 6 years duration. The issue of the Direct Debit signature isn;t a real issue as he's not disputing he made the arrangement to pay for his services - he could just as easily cancel that, but he'd STILL HAVE TO PAY by a different means - cash, cheque or whatever.

The all important document is his service contract or contracts for the equipment and lines/broadband. Only by reading this and the T&C's he's agreed to, will you get a better idea of what these liabilities are.

meandbex

Give me a call, this same msg came through to us at fabspider on email

We have tried ringing you back and the company in question, your mobile is going to voice mail and father in-law on holiday.

I want to let you know we took over the lines and calls only when Digitel went into liquidation, the company is nothing to do with us what so ever, they didn’t pay the wholesale bill meaning all their customers would of been cut off........

As a customer of Fab Spider, we would like to assure you of our best intentions at all times. We are committed to providing you and your business with an effective and reliable telecoms package. With Local and National call rates amongst the most competitive on the market.

Unlike the majority of telecommunication providers, Fab Spider do not hold their customers to contracts and therefore you are free to cancel your lines and calls with us at anytime without incurring unfair penalties. The team at Fab Spider are committed to making your experience a positive one and believe our customers will stay through choice, rather than force,

Please give me a call to get this sorted out,

Thanks

Billy.

hi billy, am glad you came across my thread-dont know how you did, but fair play.

Im sorry i have not returned your calls,but I have just today come back from holiday. Maybe if your free tonight you can call me and we can discuss this further.

I emailed you on my father-in laws behalf.

Hope to speak to you soon, and once again thanks for getting in touch. :)

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

I will be in the office all day each day, give me a call as soon as possible and i will go through things with you..

thanks