You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Nothing to do with your own Bank.     Try to withdraw the money from Parentpay early next week and if no joy contact them.   It may be that the money is showing, but has not fully cleared on their system,
    • Hi all,   Just an update with contractual terms. These terms are from a contract at a similar time to when Tracey started as we think they have changed since.   The contract reads as follows:   Termination of employment  Xxxxxxx (Nursery) will provide written notice of termination of your employment in accordance with statutory requirement (currently 1 week’s notice for each year of continuous service, up to a maximum 12 week’s notice).   Once you have successfully completed your probationary period for the company you are required to give 1 month’s written notice of termination of employment.   Regards   Matt             
    • Thanks for helping with the post;   Still waiting for a reply from the DPD.
    • I thank the Consumer Action Group Members for getting me this far in my case which is still in progress.   Situation: The Court has reversed earlier permission for me to rely on witness summaries.    The question upon which I am seeking help, please,  is - do I need to bother myself as to why the Court has reversed permission to rely on witness summaries?  If so, what line of logic or law can might I follow because clearly, the Court has said one thing and then another a few weeks later, of its own motion, the Court has reversed the earlier decision. I find this development quite extraordinary in the sense that as a result of being granted permission earlier, I served the three Witness Summons which had the Court stamp.   Background Having given me permission to serve 'Witness Summons' which I served on 3 hostile witnesses several weeks ago, the Court has now reversed it's earlier decision, and refused me permission to rely on 'witness summaries' pursuant to paragraph 32.9(2), citing that I have not shown steps taken to obtain witness statements from the 3 hostile witnesses.  I however, made two attempts to talk to the hostile witnesses who have been non responsive and I can evidence this.   I would be immensely grateful for some steer from Forum Members, please.
    • Pubs all seem to be doing a roaring trade around here. It does make me feel uncomfortable but At least they are finally making some money. Our area, the South West never really got hit badly by the pandemic. Wiltshire has regularly seeing zero confirmed cases and deaths. So we will have to see how opening pubs really pans out!     
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
echo394

Court papers received unsure how to proceed.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4023 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

i've received a couty court claim form from a company and i'm not quite sure what to do. Something doesnt sit right somehow and i'm not sure how to defend the claim.

I ran ad's in a magazine for about a year for my website ( i'm a sole trader). same scenario everytime. they rang i said i wanted to advertise and then they would email a booking form for me to complete, without it being signed and returned the booking wouldnt be processed. Well one month i wasnt too sure but asked for the booking form to be emailed to me. they couldnt get it to go thru and asked if they could take the telephone conversation as agreement. i told them no i required a booking form so they posted it to me.

I decided not to go ahead with the ad and never returned the form and thought nothing of it. i received an invoice and queried it by phone but nothing ever came of it so i ignored it. i also got hold of a copy of the magazine and the ad had been included.

they wrote to me in january and told me to pay the invoice or they would take me to court.

i phoned and explained i never agreed to the ad or returned the booking form and was told it would be looked into. i followed this up with a letter asking for a copy of the signed booking form.

i received a without prejudice letter in february saying they didnt have the signed booking form but i agreed by phone so that was enough for the contract to stand and if i did not pay they would take me to court.

i phoned them and asked for a copy of the call and was told they dont record calls but was sure they could turn something up to prove i had agreed. i followed up the call with a letter giveing them seven days to supply the recording or proof that i had agreed or i would consider thhe matter closed.

i heard nothing until yesterday when court papers came thru door.

I've gone onto the moneyclaim site and tried to login with the password given but it is saying it does not recognise the claim number or password and has now locked me out.

looking closer at the form the defendat is the name of my website(without the www. bit or com bit) and on the following line my name and address.

On the acknowledgement form the claimant is listed as the company suing, the company suing and me (company suing is listed twice) and the defendant is listed as website name and my name. is this correct??

on the POC it gets confusing cos half way thru they start refering to me as the claimant or at least that is how it reads or i may be being blonde and reading it wrong.

example:

on xx/xx/208 (slight error i think there lol) a formal request was made for payment, the claimant then contested that agreement had never been made, despite verbal agreement had occurred.

if i type out the POC and post it up would someone have a look for me and advice on how i go forward with this please.

Many thanks

Hi

I've gone onto the moneyclaim site and tried to login with the password given but it is saying it does not recognise the claim number or password and has now locked me out.

..just a thought - but could this be the next stage of a [problem]? I would ring MCOL and see if this claim number actually exists...

Yeah ring the court to check.

I think your a**e is covered if they have no proof of your agreement with them. Any proof they do have will have to be disclosed to you at some point down the line.

..just a thought - but could this be the next stage of a [problem]? I would ring MCOL and see if this claim number actually exists...

well that was my thinking. Altho it does appear to be from the court and has the court stamp on it:?.

What is the value of the claim?

Yeah ring the court to check.

I think your a**e is covered if they have no proof of your agreement with them. Any proof they do have will have to be disclosed to you at some point down the line.

I have kept the unsigned booking form complete with the postit note asking me to complete and return. So i hope i'm covered

also on the bottom of the booking form it says that for the order to be processed the booking form must be signed and returned.

total value inc court fee is £355

......then IF it is a genuine claim and you defend, they have to provide ABSOLUTE proof, and pay extra money in to the court when it is transferred to your local court.

My first gut feeling is that it is a [problem]. But if it is a genuine MCOL claim, then these are the type of people who feed off the gullible, and with them it is a numbers game - they will go for the ones who roll over and pay up in full without a fight - I'd be surprised if they took it to the next stage.

If they do, then people more experienced than me here can help you.

right i will ring MCOL first tomorrow to see if this is genuine. Tried logging in again just to see if i had made an error but still saying the same thing.

rang court and claim is genuine BUT the lady on phone i spoke to checked some details and put me on hold. When she came back on phone she told me that they were barring the claim due to incorrect filing of name and they will be writing to the company to inform them and asking them to resubmit if they so wish.

So obviously i want to head them off at the pass so to speak, what should be my next step in preventing another claim being issued (if i can). Do i need to contact the company or should i just sit back and wait for them to get there act together.

thanks

I would sit back.... If they don't have proof of agreement why waste your own time? See what their resubmitted claim says.

From what you've said, the problem with the name is that they didn't put "YOUR NAME trading as YOUR BUSINESS".

From other things you've said, it doesn't sound like they've got much of a case - and it sounds like they're counting on you not defending yourself.

If I were in your position, I would write to them and explain the situation as you have done here. Mention that, if it comes to court, you will be producing the unsigned application form, complete with the Post-It as evidence that no agreement was ever reached.

But don't worry too much. It doesn't sound like they've got a realistic chance of success against you. Come back and let us know what their claim says when they resubmit - then you can enter your defence and ask for Summary Judgment.