You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• look up on land registry who owns the property then get in contact with your local environmental heath dept.   dx  
    • Hello all,   I have recently moved into a new property. The bedroom window is facing a bunch of commercial crates which have trash on top of them. The trash is maybe two metres away from the window, making it impossible for the window to be open (I am also afraid of rats being there).   The other windows of the property are facing a communal, enclosed area, which is making it difficult for the property to be properly ventilated. I have already raised this issue with my estate agency and they are trying do to something about it (to be honest, if I leave everything to them, this issue won't be solved until my tenancy is finished, and that is more than one year away).   I am asking for advice, or how could I approach this issue.   I have spoken to my council and, since they do not deal in private property, there is nothing they can do, at least this is what they have told me.   The property with the trash is not owned by my landlord. It is an open space, with big crates, closed off by a fence. If I could, I would climb those crates and remove the trash myself but I cannot. I also cannot climb out the window to reach the trash, as the window is too small.   At times, I see a car in that property but I have never seen the driver. I left a note in the car's window explaining the issue and giving my number. This was around a week ago and nobody came back to me.   
    • Hi   First off ALL Tenants need to re report all the different repairs again via their repairs procedure. Yes its good to get a list of all properties repairs with photo/video evidence signed by all property tenants but you all need to fight this individually as well as a group.   Next you all need to look up your rights on Repair i.e. The Right to Repair Scheme and also their Complaints Procedure.   http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1994/133/made   https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/repairs/right_to_repair_for_council_tenants   All Tenants need to take control back with these repair and ask in writing titling any letter 'FORMAL COMPLAINT' and stating the repair and why it hasn't been carried out to date and an exact date when it will be completed.   You also require clarification whether these Repairs come under the Right to Repair Scheme and if so why we were never informed of this. (delete or amend)   You also require copies of the following:   Right to Repair Scheme Policy (Not the Leaflet Repair and Maintenance Policy (Not the Leaflet) Solar Panel Policy (Not the Leaflet) Complaints Policy (Not the Leaflet) Equality & Diversity Policy (Not the Leaflet) When you get the above policies you need to take your time reading them and just think to yourself 'DID THEY DO THAT' in relation to your issue and if not mark it this way you build a list of what they haven't done/followed as per there own Policies and use it against them.   They will have time limits to complete repairs within for Emergency, Urgent, Routine repairs and if they exceed that time limit and need to extend it remember it is with you the tenants agreement not them telling you and tough you can wait.   (bear in mind any repairs during COVID-19 the time limits are now different and most routine repairs are stopped)  
    • I was on UC in late March, and recently received some quite non-committal message that the commitments would be returning, but no indication when.     If I remember correctly the expectation was that we could find at least one job per day to which to apply, or some such nonsense.   Given that the government can only guess how many workplaces will be safe :  1) to commute to/from at the time of job application; 2) to work in at the time of job application;    3) to commute to/from at the date of starting a job ; 4) to work in at the date of starting a job,  5) to commute to/from at the date permanent WFH is dropped; 6) to work in at the date permanent WFH is dropped,    and given that we have lost 20% of our economy, I fail to see how they can both reasonably and immediately mandate any minimum figure of jobs we must apply for whilst this virus just killed over 135 people in the UK (stats released today).  That is only down from 155 last week, and about 175 a fortnight back.   At this rate it will be another 7 weeks MINIMUM before the mortality rate is zero - if it ever reaches zero before the inevitable second wave.  
    • who has sent this 'letter of claim' come from and doe sit mention the pre action protocol and include a separate response pack? 
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
arbo

Help required with County Court Action by Cabot (Monument)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3963 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am defending a case against my wife brought against her by Cabot in respect of a Monument Credit Card.

Part of my submitted defence was that they had not produced a copy of the agreement. In the reply to the defence they have produced a copy of a Reply Card signed by my wife which they say is the agreement. I will argue that the card is an application form rather an agreement and in any event does not contain the prescribed terms. The application refers to enclosed terms and conditions and agreeing to be bound by them. They have now also produced a seperate document which they submit are the terms and conditions referred to and that contain the prescribed terms, although this second document contains no reference whatsoever to my wifes account.

In their reply they have stated "It is averred that as the Agreement and Terms and Conditions are "documents embodying regulated agreements" and as such contain all of the prescribed terms required under s60 and s61 of the CCA. The Claimant pleads that the Agreement is therefore enforceable."

I am not sure what they mean by "documents embodying regulated agreements" and need some assistance with a rejoinder in this matter.

Hi arbo

It might be helpful if you post up the docs they are using against you. Someone knowledgable can then look at them in detail and give a view.:)

Not sure how you do this and they are in any event quite voluminous.

The reply card for example

Still do not know how to upload a copy.

However I am happy that the reply card alone does not constitute a valid agreement as amongst other things it does not contain the prescribed terms. My concern is that Morgan Solicitors (who act for Cabot) appear to be aware of this and are attempting to link the reply card (the agreement) with a seperate document (the terms and conditions) that they purport to be the T&C's referred to in the reply card (the agreement) and does contain the prescribed terms, by calling them "documents embodying regulated agreements" and that together they form a valid agreement. The second document (the terms and conditions) makes no reference whatsoever to my wife or her account and could therefore relate to any "agreement" that does not otherwise contain the prescribed terms. I can find no reference to this tact anywhere else and if they succeed would have very onerous consequences to many other debtors defences.

Can anyone offer any advice based upon the information provided.

Well I am no expert....:)..... but..

I think from what you have said you will have nothing to worry about other than a load of stress getting it sorted out.

Thanks Kurvaface, :) but I would still appreciate some advice from someone who may be an "expert" :rolleyes: before I become too stressed out :confused:

I am sure someone will be along shortly:)

Can someone help with this? If Cabot win this argument it will destroy the argument regarding the containment of the prescribed terms within an agreement with catestrophic consequences.

Can someone help with this? If Cabot win this argument it will destroy the argument regarding the containment of the prescribed terms within an agreement with catestrophic consequences.

HI

Have you SAR them? Cabot are good at producing nothing worth acting on.

You are in the same boat as I. They have no valid agreement, just a application form from 2000, check the date on the form, if its more than 6 years they are stuffed...

SAR them..

Trooper68

Trooper68:)

It really would be helpful if you could post the claim, the defence, the CCA, the DN, the NoA and the Assignment

If you can scan or use a digital camera to take photos and load them into your PC and then if you click on Go Advanced in the quick reply box and then look down and click on manage attachments you can then upload the documents from your PC direct to the CAG server

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

There are likely to be a whole range of issues which are likely to include:-

1. A CCA which doesn't include the prescribed terms - what is the date of the agreement - is it a S127 (3) agreement

2. The Notice of Assignment - either not served at all or invalid

3. The DN is likely to either not be served at all or invalid

4. Account charges - are there default charges

5. The Actual Assignment - you need to see that

6. You need to get the terms and conditions at the date that the agreement started AND the most recent

7. Do you know how they've calculated the amount claimed

There is a fair chance that your defence may need amending.

If you post the docs we'll see if we can make any suggestions

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

IGNM

Thanks for your response. I do not have a scanner, but I can get them scanned in tomorrow at work, emailed to myself and hopefully uploaded tomorrow evening. The documents are as I said quite voluminous. I assume from other threads that I should score out all personal data.

In answer to your questions

1) The purported agreement is dated 06/11/01. The seperate document purported to be the T&C's is undated. Not sure what you mean by a 127(3) agreement, but you can judge for yourself if I can get it all uploaded.

2) There is no NoA. In their reply to the defence thay have provided a copy of a "representation" of the one that would have been sent.

3) There is no DN. Morgan Solicitors have pleaded that one was not necessary as they are only pursuing arrears. They lie - they have claimed the full balance.

4) There are as you would imagine account charges. I will not include the copy statements provided by Cabot, but they have provided them for most of the full period of the account and the amount can be calculated.

5) They have provided a copy of the "actual" assignement, although it appears to be a generic document that does not specify my wife's account.

6) See 1) above. They have also provided a copy of amended T&C's but it is barely legible.

7) They have shown a calculation of the amount - the full amount, plus interest.

Hopefully I can get it all uploaded tomorrow.

Many thanks again for your response.

:)

lets see what you post up.

I have to say that it sounds as if there are numerous issues - not least of which is enforceability - S127 (3) CCA 1974 basically means that if the signed agreement does not contain the prescribed terms (as to interest rate, repayment & credit limit) then it will be irredeemably unenforceable

There are then issues as to a failure to serve a valid NoA...etc etc...

Once you've posted the stuff I'll make some suggestions as to the defence

IGNM & K

Thanks for your replies.

The document they allege is the agreement does not contain the prescribed terms. They are however contained in a seperate document, but you will hopefully see for yourself tomoz.

Will be posting again as soon as.

Cheers

I know that it isn't the same Claimant but it does have some similar issues - have a read at

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/197867-arrow-mbna-ignm-pt.html#post2147014

and have a read at my skeleton it sort of outlines the law

CAG Skeleton.doc

IGNM & K

I have uploaded the following documents:

1 Claim & Defence docs

2 Appendix doc to Defence

3 Post Defence docs [1 of 2]

4 Post Defence docs [2 of 2]

5 Reply to the Defence

More to follow

1 Claim Form & Defence.pdf

2 Appendix to Defence.pdf

3 Post Defence Correspondence 1 of 2.pdf

4 Post Defence Correspondence 2 of 2.pdf

5 Reply to Defence.pdf

Attached documents submitted with Morgan's Reply to the defence.

I will read the links you have submitted in your last post now and get back to you. Happy reading.

Regards

6 Reply Docs A & B.pdf

7 Reply Docs C & D.pdf

8 Reply Docs F to H.pdf

9 Reply Docs I to K.pdf

Arbo

Well done on a very thorough defence (In my inexperienced opinion)

I fail to see how they are going to be able to get around the original credit agreement issue, let alone all the other stuff. I'm sure this will go in your favour but you need the more experienced opinion of other CAGgers.

One consolation is you have managed to keep some of these monkeys busy:)

Also..... reading through their letters made me very angry. I hope you guys manage to get some relief from the stress of all of this:mad:

Thanks K

I am happy with most of it but still a bit concerned about their reply and their attempt to assert that the seperate reply card & T&C's are "documents embodying regulated agreements" and therefore valid.

On another note I am not sure if this reply has been filed with the court. If it has it must have been after ther period by which the court should have stayed the action. I have contacted the court but they will not advise on the position, insisting they will write to my wife - that response is still waited.

Under civil proceedure rules they will have to provide you with all the documents they intend to use in the hearing. If you think they have submitted different docs to you and the court I am sure the court will provide you with a copy of any docs you don't have.

It was more a question of have they submitted them at all or are they bluffing?

From what I've read around cag, the courts seem to be fairly relaxed about deadlines and submission dates, however, all the situations I've read that are similar to yours, the Judge seems to come down like a ton of bricks on the claimant by the time of the hearing over details that are not in order. I genuinely think you'll be ok.

Have you thought about claiming your costs because you must have put considerable time and resources into preparing your defence?

Edited by kurvaface
friday grammar