Petrol Prices- a rip off?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I may be rather slow on following the news, but I am curious as to why petrol prices seem to be going up daily by a penny here and a penny there.

I recall that that congenital marxist idiot A.Darling increased the duty/Vat in April, and I think that crude prices are quite low at the moment, so why the daily increase? - or am I missing something?

They claim is due to the poor exchange rate. If it wasn't that they'd find another reason. It's amazing there were almost riots a few years ago due the every increasing rates slowly reaching £1.00 a litre mark, now we've passed it not a peep!

I kid you not, but the last time I bought petrol it was under a £1 a gallon. I can drive but have never owned a car but yet given the fact that I've never purchased a car, had insurance, mot, tax or repairs to pay for I was still always skint. :rolleyes:

They claim is due to the poor exchange rate. If it wasn't that they'd find another reason. It's amazing there were almost riots a few years ago due the every increasing rates slowly reaching £1.00 a litre mark, now we've passed it not a peep!

Yeah and where have those transport firms gone to that usually complain ?

at the beggining of the recession oil production was cut back sharply

all but two of the producers are not planning to make any dramatic increases in production added to which china continues to consume more and more

the steep rise in petrol prices as we come out of recession has been predicted for months and will once again be a major problem