You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

fedupwithitall

Has ANYONE *BEEN SUCCESSFUL* with BlackHorse

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4020 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I am waiting to hear back from Black horse re my PPI miss sell. However, my loan was taken out in 2004, so I know they were'nt covered by the FOS or FSA, but the FOS have agreed to look at it if needed, and have written to Blackhorse telling them they have 8 weeks to give me a final response.

I am now 4 wks into my complaint and have written to them twice and still waiting.

I was wondereing if ANYBODY out there won them who had taken there loan out 2004 or before.

Many thanks

FUWIA

Hi,

Have a look through the successes, post #44 I think is the first one, I have'nt read past that, so there could be more :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/88004-ppi-successes-3.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thats a good start Scott:D

Keep up this and I will be able to retire;)

If I see any new PPI claims I will pass them in your direction;):D:rolleyes::cool::razz:

Alan

Edited by alanalana
grammarand spelling and stuff
  • Haha 1

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi

Sorry for the late reply. Have read through your link. Just wondering if anybody nearer to this time had won.. Still waiting for a reply. The 8 week deadline is up on the 25th July. Was wondering if I should give them a call to see where they are up to, as I am away during the 8th week. I got a fast response to my first letter, so wonder what they are doing now, expected the usual knock back sooner.

Is no news good news do you think.

Thank you again for replying to my post? Or am I being tooooo optimistic.

FUWIA

just started my claim and have been told by phone that my second letter has met with rejection but I will carry on fighting, it seems that their tactic is to try to wear you down to a point where you give up, if you read the success stories they can take a lot of time 2 years is not uncommon.

Dont let the parasite dca's prosper

Hi

I rang BH complaints dept up yesterday, couldn't help it, as I wanted to make sure that they had received my letters. They said that they had, and for me to wait for their response, which had to be within 8 wks. Still not sure if I wait 8 wks from my 1st letter, or my last letter which they received on the 26 June?

Regards

FUWIA

It wont make much difference I would start gathering information to send with your next letter. If the other threads are anything to go by prepare yourself for a long drawn out battle.

Dont let the parasite dca's prosper

Hi

I have the original copy of the agreement, signed by both my hubby and myself. I also (somewhere) have the copies of my tax-credit forms, with their handwriting on in pencil, working out our income, which they sent back to me after completion of the loan. Although, this won't mean much, as I could have written on them.

I suppose what I need most is any recordings of the loan, because it was all done by phone, but would they have this considering I took out the loan in 2004?

I wonder if there was a commission involved as it was through Norton that I got involved with BH?

If there was a commission involved is this right?, can I do something about this? How do I go about finding out. Would this come back with the SAR report?

Many thanks for help and advice received.

FUWIA

Hi

I have the original copy of the agreement, signed by both my hubby and myself. I also (somewhere) have the copies of my tax-credit forms, with their handwriting on in pencil, working out our income, which they sent back to me after completion of the loan. Although, this won't mean much, as I could have written on them.

I suppose what I need most is any recordings of the loan, because it was all done by phone, but would they have this considering I took out the loan in 2004? (Write and ask for this information as part of you Subject Access Request)

I wonder if there was a commission involved as it was through Norton that I got involved with BH? (Highlyunlikely you will get any information on commission involvement unless they slip up with what they supply as per your SAR request)

If there was a commission involved is this right?, can I do something about this? How do I go about finding out. Would this come back with the Subject Access Request report?

Unlikely you will get anthing on brokers and or commissions the banks like to keep this quiet as it is a big part of the PPI ripoff of consumers. Namely they charge you a massive single premium payment with interest but they obtain the insurance through a broker at a much cheaper rate allegedly:-o

Believe me PPI has been one of the most massive mis-sold products in the history of not just banking but the history of the planet. PPI is a bigger issue than dinosaurs IMO

aa

Many thanks for help and advice received.

FUWIA

See all the info posted in the above previous post I hope it helps

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.