Moorcroft urgent help

Markb03
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got this letter the other day. Any advice needed before 9am tommorrow when I will have to make a payment.

Letter as follows

Dear Mr Markb03

Re: SEVERN TRENT WATER LTD

I am disapointed to note that despite our letters and attempted personal calls by our local representive no satisfactory agreement has been reached regarding the balance outstanding of £628.28 on the above account.

In one last effort to come to an arrangement to prevent possible legal action being taken we will be prepared to accept repayment by installments of £17.48 per month. A post Office paying in slip is attatched to enable you to make your first payment. On reciept of this payment we will forward further slips to you.

Unless a payment is received by 10:00am on 28/06/09 we may recommend court proceedings to be commenced against you on behalf of our clients without further notice

Such action could incur you in further costs and may also affect your future credit rating. It is therefore in your best interests to give this matter your immediate attention.

Should I request a CCA for this?

Any advice please

Thanks

The letter is a standard system letter and is most probably nothing to worry about. Huff&puff is correct about CCA, no utility company will provide one as they don't provide credit. But I would call them and tell them you want a copy of the bill as you are disputing the balance. They will probably tell you to put that in writing but tell them OFT states you have no logal obligation to put your dispute in writing, it can be raised over the phone. Tell them to contact their client Severn Trent and request a copy bill to be issued.

If you know you owe the balance and are just unable to pay in full then give them your income and expenditure details and offer what you can realisticly afford. There are a lot of people who will tell you not to provide income and expenditure details as Moorcroft have no legal right to request them, but in all honesty it is just making things harder for yourself by refusing to provide them and they have no obligation to set instalments if you can not provide them, which could then result in court action and further cost and possible CCJ, so while I agree they shouldn't have the details it doesn't do you any favours by being awkward.

Remember don't let them pressure you in to paying more than you can afford and if possible record ALL phone conversations and take the operators name and extention.

If you need anymore help let us know and keep us updated.

All water companies have a charitable trust fund which is designed to help those who have difficulties in paying their water bills. If you fill their criteria you maybe able to get aid but you'll have to check your suppliers website for details.

Here is an example; How To Pay Your Water Bill