You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Excellent, please consider a modest contribution to the site in recognition of the help you have had and the potential expense saved.
    • Hi all,   Background - after a boozy Christmas pub-crawl in Kirkcaldy with friends my wife came to get me in my car to kindly pour me home. :-)     Weeks later I got a letter (as the registered keeper of my car) advising that it was parked in a private car park (Nicol Street, Kirkcaldy) at 7.41pm on 27th December and asking me for £160! (£100 fine and £60 "debt collection fee"). This was the first contact and the car never got a ticket as it was at night and over the Christmas holidays and dark - my wife and I were unaware that this was a private car park and she was only there to collect me.   I ignored it.   Today I received a Demand Before Court Action letter for £160 - only the 2nd bit of correspondence and some 6 and a half months after "the event". They are using Pollock Fairbridge Schiavone solicitors and stating their clients "have not heard from you (me) regarding payment".  I'm the owner of the car but not the driver who put it there so I have indeed never contacted them.   Am I correct in thinking: a) I am under no obligation as the Registered Keeper to respond? b) I am not required to respond as the driver technically commits the offence, not the car? c) I am under no obligation to disclose who was driving? d) They have no right to get my details from the DVLA? e) The Protection of Freedom Act 2012 does not apply in Scotland? f) As a one-off event where no damage was made trespass on this land is not appropriate?   Do I continue to ignore this?   Thanks in advance for any advice.        
    • British Retail Consortium says prices of staple items will go up 'substantially' if there is no deal.   https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jul/10/no-deal-brexit-will-raise-cost-of-uk-household-staples-say-retailers
    • Well done! This is more than likely the end of it, but you should check with the court at some stage that they've officially discontinued.   They can still chase you for the debt, and they might, but you can just ignore. If they were to issue proceedings again, you can refer to this case in your submissions - it won't reflect very well on them if their case is similar to this time. The chances of them trying again are probably slim though.
    • Send the AOS immediately with intention to defend.  Monitor this thread for a fuller reply lster or tomorrow
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
24233513afw

Claiming Charges on Closed Accounts - is this possible

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3812 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

My Daughter had four accounts with GE Money, 1 - Top Shop, 1 - New Look, 1 - Burtons and 1 - Dorothy Perkins.

They have all been paid and closed for about 2-2.1/2 years can she still claim back charges and if so how do we go about it. She has account numbers for 3 of them but they wont provide her with the New Look Acount Number they say she has to write for that number (dont know why they would give her 3 over the phone, but declined to give her the 4th one.

Any pointers, directions, comments would be greatfully received from anyone.

Cheers

afw

Hi everyone,

My Daughter had four accounts with GE Money, 1 - Top Shop, 1 - New Look, 1 - Burtons and 1 - Dorothy Perkins.

They have all been paid and closed for about 2-2.1/2 years can she still claim back charges and if so how do we go about it. She has account numbers for 3 of them but they wont provide her with the New Look Acount Number they say she has to write for that number (dont know why they would give her 3 over the phone, but declined to give her the 4th one.

Any pointers, directions, comments would be greatfully received from anyone.

Cheers

afw

Easy peasy ,Do a data access request for all the information/charges held on yourselves , cost £10 plus recorded delivery , see template letters on this site for full instructions .

• Haha 1

Hi noddyaccount

Many thanks for your reply you make it sound so easyyyyyyyyyyy.

You mention date acces request is this the same as subject access request and forgot to say we are in Scotland does it make any difference.

ANy idea how far you can go back my Daughter paid all these accounts off about 2.1/2 years ago so does she claim charges for 5-6 years from todays date or from when she closed accounts.

Also do we send 1 - £10 P.O. or a £10 PO for each account. any ideas ?

Meant to ask do you have a link to these letters and do I address it to Sarah Wainwright in Leeds LS99 the address in the forum sticky as this address was posted on the forum in 2006

Cheers

afw

Edited by 24233513afw

You are asking for the WHOLE of your banking history. Some of them are getting cute and saying they don't hold more than 6 years (look flying pigs). If they send more claim the lot.

Yes Sarah Wainwright is fine for sar, prelim and lba but you will need to use the registered office for the claim if necessary - courts don't allow PO addresses. Find this on their website.

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales

West brom SETTLED

Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent

Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice

Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date

Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full

National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

I originally sent my SAR to Sarah Wainwright back in March of this year & am still waiting! Have had to involve ICO to get GE Money / Santander Cards Uk to even acknowledge the letter that was sent, at present they have been given 4 weeks to comply with my request. Don't know if others have had trouble with them but, i have found them to be less than helpful, but i am made of stern stuff & i will continue to the bitter end:D

Debt Free Since 1st September 2009:D

Target Savings For 2010 = £1000:)

Savings So Far = £700:lol:

subbing

If the deanline comes and goes you could always think about a non-compliance order which is found in the templates library. I have used this twice and found it worked a treat. Glad you decided enough was enough and took action.

Any problems just post here. GE Money can be a strange bunch but you will win in the end.

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

Hi everyone

Letters to GE Money for SAR sent last week, hopefully, we will get a reply.

Yes...sallysas enough was enough they have got of lightly for years robbing innocent people lets see if they like a taste of their own medicine....and boy do I hope it leaves a very nasty aftertaste when we are all finished with them....give them something to remember us with.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, hopefully weather will keep hot until at least monday.

Cheers

afw

Sent subject access request away to GE Money received them 6/7/09 if my calculations are correct we should have had a reply by 15/8/09 (40 days)and surprise surprise there is no replies.

Not sure what to do now...do We just sit and wait or do we report to ICO

any guidance appreciated.

They wont be wanting to part with the info as my Daughter has massive charges on these accounts and because these accounts are all clear and paid they wont want to pay any monies out on them.

But will we give up....no we wont.

Sent subject access request away to GE Money received them 6/7/09 if my calculations are correct we should have had a reply by 15/8/09 (40 days)and surprise surprise there is no replies.

Not sure what to do now...do We just sit and wait or do we report to ICO

any guidance appreciated.

They wont be wanting to part with the info as my Daughter has massive charges on these accounts and because these accounts are all clear and paid they wont want to pay any monies out on them.

But will we give up....no we wont.

After my request for a SAR was not sent back i sent off a LBA to Santander Cards UK ( Send registered ) giving them a further 7 days to comply, if these 7 days pass without your request being complied with then a formal complaint to the following organisations - FOS, ICO, FSA, BBA & Office of Fair Trading. When you send a complaint also include copies of the letters requesting SAR, LBA & also proof of postage. I have attached a template that was kindly sent to myself by a fellow Cagger.

Formal Complaint.doc

Many thanks for your advice do oyu have any links to a Letter Before Action I have seen one somewhere on the forum...but cant seem to find it.

Any caggers out there who can point me in the right direction for a letter before action regarding non-compliance of SAR.

Also the SAR letter I sent were to GE money as they were the creditor at the time I notice that you sent them to Santander do you have an address for the.

I would be extremely grateful for any help with these plonkers.

Cheers

afw

The attached is a copy of an LBA that i used. This was sent to Sarah Wainwright, Data Protection Administrator, PO Box 700, Leeds, LS99 2BD, but i DID NOT get any joy from this address so i then complained to various financial organisations ( ICO etc ) & recieved a letter from The Complaint Resolution Team, Santander Cards UK Ltd, Capital House Unit A, Bruntcliffe Way, Morley, Leeds, LS27 0JG. Hopefully this will help!

LBA.doc

Hi folks

Update on my daughters requested SAR to GE Money/Santander

Sent 1st SAR request to GE Money on the 2nd July they received 6th july 09. - No Response

Sent 2nd request to GE Money and Santander on the 19th AUgust 09 they received 24 August 09 - No Response.

Sent 3rd Letter - Letter before Action to Santander 7th September 09 received 9th September 09 giving them another 7 Days - still no response.

Could somebody please helpmewith guidance on where I actually start complaints to is ICo, FOS or whoever I think GE Money/Santander are starting to play games nowandit is ******* me off asthey owe my Daughter a lot of money for charges on these accounts before she paid them off. They bullied, harassed and pestered her when she was going through a really bad timenow they need to pay back.

ANy guidance would be greatly appreciated.

AFW

Don't bother with the lba - how can you threaten them with court action if you have no figures to go on? File for non-compliance at court - the staff here in Birmingham were very helpful when I needed to file - bet it will be true at your courts.

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

Would this be the same way in Scotland, I was thinking more of the ICO or FOS to start with as my hubby is not a well man and my Daughter has gone through a really bad split with partner and left her to get on with it financially and i think the court route would take up more of my precious time yjay really needs to help them through this bad time.

Cheers

AFW

24233513afw - This is a letter that i sent to complain, an identical letter was sent also to the various financial institutions at the bottom of the letter aswell. Fill in the sections in Red & amend to suit.

ICO Complaint.doc

Hi Folks

Eventually today my Daughter received her SAR from GE Money (now Santander) they have provided her with 6 years of statements but a hell of a lot of statements missing(not sure what to about that) also they have stated in their letter they can't provide herwith the missing statements.

Also they state that 1 of the accounts was paid off and closed before 2003 but this isn't true they were all paidoff July 2007.

I have already reported them to ICO for non-compliance but will need to try and estimate charges and PPI for the missing months - is she allowed to do this. After all they can'tsupply the statements so what proof do they have.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

AFW

Hi folks

Info in the above post #17 has got us bamboozled, I have tried to cut is down a bit in this post please can someone help us......

Can anybody help with what road do we go down now. GE have sent my Daughter her SAR h(eventually) however they state that they do not have any info for 1 of the accounts ( saying closed before 2003 we cant remeber but dont think it was aslong as this).

They have sent statements for the other 3 accounts however there is a lot of statements missing.

We have already reported non compliance for the SAR to the ICO (just last week the day before twe received the SAR) as we applied for the SAR in July 2009

1. Do we contact ICO and tell them they have sent SAR but not complete ?

2. Do we estimate charges on the satements they haven't provided ?

3. GE Money also state they can not provide us with Default Notices?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

AFW

Hi

Received statements. Calculated Charges, do we send request for charges to Sarah Wainwright or to different person for GE Money.

Also CL Finance had been assigned this debt so do we claim them or GE Money/SAntander.

Cheers

Hi

Received statements. Calculated Charges, do we send request for charges to Sarah Wainwright or to different person for GE Money.

Also CL Finance had been assigned this debt so do we claim them or GE Money/SAntander.

Cheers

Subbing, as I also wish to ask the above question.....in addition:

My situation is that the debt has been 'absolutely assigned' (as per the usual CL Finance assignments noted in many places in these forums) and my understanding is that if the debt is absolute, as CL leads one to believe in their letters, then it is them to whom the claim is made?

Can anyone out there confirm this for 24233513afw and me?

Subbing, as I also wish to ask the above question.....in addition:

My situation is that the debt has been 'absolutely assigned' (as per the usual CL Finance assignments noted in many places in these forums) and my understanding is that if the debt is absolute, as CL leads one to believe in their letters, then it is them to whom the claim is made?

Can anyone out there confirm this for 24233513afw and me?

Hi Me To

I have had some replies from GE/Santander over the past few week acknowledging my letters however it did take me to write to Information Commisssioners Office with a complaint regarding them ignoring mt letters for charges and such like the address that I am now corresponding with is Santander Complaint Resolution Team, Santander Cards, Capital House Unit A, Bruntcliffe Way, Morley, Leeds LS227 OJG.

Two of my accounts where assigned to CL Finance and Santander have arranged for charges to be deducted from balance with CL Finance.

Unless you have a Zero balance with them they will not pay you directly for some reason. (Still to confirm this action with financial Ombusman).

Hope this helps, I did get your private message also if there is anything else I can help with please do no hesitate to contact me I have been of the scene for a while due to ill health with myself and family but hopefully getting back on track and would be only delighted to try and help someone.

Cheers

AFW

Hi Folks

****Update***

Received letters from Santander regarding charges and seemingly because last charge on some of the accounts were applied on April 2007 they have only offered a tiny porportion of the charges back.

They have also told us that because the last charge was applied in May 2007 the FOS has no jurisdiction on these accounts so we would be wasting our time contacting them. (CAN ANYBODY CLARIFY THIS)

However if we are dissatisfied with their final response we could refer to

Finance & Leasing AssociationImperia; House 15-19 Kingsway LondonWC2B 6UN. (Never heard of them)

ANy advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers

AFW

Sounds like they are trying to fob you off. If this is a current account wait for new POC - if something different just go for it IMHO as these are not affectd by test case result.

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent