You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

renegade1972

accountancy fees dispute

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4032 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi,not sure if im posting in the right section,but here goes

my friend had an investigation carried out by HMRC and subsequently was fined a large sum of money,during the whole episode his accountant was abviously complying with HMRC for any info etc that they needed,,he is a sole trader self employed,,,his wife does all the book keeping and sorts out all the vat etc,,so normally the accountant will receive the books already sorted,,he then sits down totals everything up and submits the self assesment,,,the accountant in this case has hardly any work to do as its already been done by my friends wife,,,,i also had this same accountant for 4 years and it was exactly the same with me,,,,i would log all my incomings and outgoings into a book and all he had to do was add up the columns and submit my assesment,,and he charged me nearly 500 quid for his services,,anyway i have since changed accountant.

after the investigation he then receives a bill for just over £4000 for the investigation which is outrageous to say the least,considering most of the work was carried out by his wife

also he was fined £3000 for claiming a wage for his wifes book keeping services but wasnt paying stamp duty for her which the accountant told him this was ok to do,but after the investigation it transpires he should of been paying stamp duty,,,in the interview room when this question was presented to the accountant he had no reply

so now hes at the stage where the his accountant of just over 30 years is now threatning recovery action etc etc unless the bill is payed up immediately,,,

we really need some info on where he stands legally and what the best course of action would be

any help would be much appreciated

Make the 'Professional Negligence' of paying his wife without a stamp due to advice given, the mainstay of this. Your friend could also counterclaim that because he was misled, is due compensation of the amount he was fined from the accountant.