• Tweets

• Thank you for the reply.No, he still lives there.   
    • What I would love to know is whether anyone has gone the small claims route for infringement (failing to supply all the data)...I'm going to start a fresh thread asking this now.... By the way, my former employer asked for a £900 fee to find all emails with my name included in them. I have had a rather tumultuous 11 months since then but am now back on this so will report them to the ICO tomorrow. 
    • might have been the same address althrough the mortgage but has he moved since?   if not doesn't need ctax copy.    
    • Also, I use 'Live chat' with the ICO and it's really helpful. They advise that it can take up to three months for them to investigate...but it is hugely beneficial to go to court with that judgement behind you! Best to be safe than sorry!   I had this helpful post from mrabody on my other thread regarding quantifying compensation: Take a look at Halliday v Creation Consumer Finance Limited. The claimant was awarded £750 for distress for what the court held to be a minor breach.    https://www.hempsons.co.uk/news-articles/damages-distress-awarded-breach-data-protection-act/   In your case I would suggest the breach is considerably more serious as HSBC has lost your data.   They think it may have been destroyed but they have no proof. The fact is they have no clue as to where it is or who has it.   So in addition to the potential loss of your PPI refund I think the distress component is considerably higher than in Halliday. How much higher I cannot say - but you need to start canvassing the case law on damages for distress.   
    • Hi King 12345,   I'm running a similar thread (but haven't used the word punish...but I guess I should have, Lol)   I've been doing a lot of research on this and I will post two items that you may find of help. I believe they have 'infringed', rather than 'breached':   Link here, text below: https://gdpr.algolia.com/gdpr-article-82 Art. 82 GDPR Right to compensation and liability Any person who has suffered material or non-material damage as a result of an infringement of this Regulation shall have the right to receive compensation from the controller or processor for the damage suffered. 1Any controller involved in processing shall be liable for the damage caused by processing which infringes this Regulation. 2A processor shall be liable for the damage caused by processing only where it has not complied with obligations of this Regulation specifically directed to processors or where it has acted outside or contrary to lawful instructions of the controller. A controller or processor shall be exempt from liability under paragraph 2 if it proves that it is not in any way responsible for the event giving rise to the damage. Where more than one controller or processor, or both a controller and a processor, are involved in the same processing and where they are, under paragraphs 2 and 3, responsible for any damage caused by processing, each controller or processor shall be held liable for the entire damage in order to ensure effective compensation of the data subject. Where a controller or processor has, in accordance with paragraph 4, paid full compensation for the damage suffered, that controller or processor shall be entitled to claim back from the other controllers or processors involved in the same processing that part of the compensation corresponding to their part of responsibility for the damage, in accordance with the conditions set out in paragraph 2. Court proceedings for exercising the right to receive compensation shall be brought before the courts competent under the law of the Member State referred to in Article 79(2).
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
Sign in to follow this  
BankFodder

Data disclosure survey -important - Please help!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3640 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

We are hearing from many people now that their banks are claiming that they don't hold any data further back than 6 years.

We know that this is not true -and we are quite sure that this is a new trick by the banks to try and avoid paying out your bank charges refunds.

This is especially important now because when the House of Lords finally uphold the decision in favour of the OFT against the banks, you will all be able to reclaim your charges back to 1st January 1995.

We want to know how far back you got your personal data from your bank.

Please complete our poll.

We think that the results will soon show that the banks have often managed to "find" data much older than 6 years when pushed.

To those of you who have like to spoil our polls in the past. Please complete this poll honestly - or else leave it alone. The results of this poll will have important consequences for the claims of many thousands of people.

We log all IP addresses.

The poll is at:- The Consumer Forums - Data disclosure poll

Edited by freakyleaky

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3640 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you