Out of Warranty TV advice please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we have received an email to say they have re[aired the tv and now ant payment.

I have told them previously that i will be contacting Trading Standards & they are going against the SOGA but they dont seem bothereed.

This has gone on for sooo long and i just want my tv back.

Dont they have to provide a fault report???

we have received an email to say they have re[aired the tv and now ant payment.

I have told them previously that i will be contacting Trading Standards & they are going against the SOGA but they dont seem bothereed.

This has gone on for sooo long and i just want my tv back.

Dont they have to provide a fault report???

It is little good telling them what you will do you need to put in writing what you are doing and what you expect. You need to quote relevant consumer law so that they know you mean business and understand your rights. TS will help you but it seems unclear if you have spoken to TS or will do but unless you present your case the store is going to fob you off.

There has been a lot of relevant information on here and there is a lot more available to you via the internet.

Please take 5 mins to thrash out what you want to say and if you want post it on here (without personal details) and ppl will help you construct your letter.

thank you! unfortunately, my partner had agreed to pay as hes fed up with it all & given up to easily! I have still stood my ground. I sent an email to them 2 days ago asking them to inform me of when the TV will be delivered & still heard nothing. I dont want to call them as ill explode & my partner is working away.

the fault report states replaced IC X 2 & smoothing caps to PSU & soak test to spec.

And there you have yet another example of the forum software interfering in postings. It is seemingly not enough that various words are automatically converted in links (regardless of context) bit also that certain abbreviations are being spelled out in full - even if wrong, as here.

Ferretlover originally posted I C (without the space) meaning Integrated Circuit. IOW, a chip

na! it was right in the first place!

only thig that puzzles me is how do you solder an IC legs to a PCB?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well. i had a huge row with them as they were demanding money...so,...I spoke to LG, The Independant Complaints Commision, Cit Advice & sent the seller an email telling them i will be taking it further Legally...

.....They emailed me half an hour later saying i will receive my TV with the repair FREE OF CHARGE on friday!!!

thats all you had to do is push them.

they KNOW they are wrong to charge and faff customers around & they KNOW they will get away with it in most cases.

well done to CAG i say. too

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well did it come!

dx

and they

• 1 month later...