PTK -v- Barclaycard

PTK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I've been following this thread, I have been in touch with the FOS who wrote to BC on the 1st June 09 requesting Copy agg. To date I have had two more copies of T&C, the letter sent to Sunflower99 re what the act defines as a True copy. A letter 11th June saying BC will forward debt to DCA and 19th June a letter from Mercers but still no copy agreement. Can someone advise what I should do next as even the FOS hasn't kicked BC into action. I have stated before on this thread I live on a narrowboat the address they write to is my mothers and I visit about every 2 weeks, She is 87 years old and not in the best of health, I don't want debt collectors calling on her, if they do can I have them done for harassement. Any advise anyone. Also how do I start my own thread? save hijacking yours. Thanks

Hi Ptk

I am afraid i have writen quite a few letters to BC and am now going to try writing the above letter as i not had any sucess to date either trying to get any copy of original signed alleged agreement .but if that what they intending to rely on in court! They will not get far.I must admit duie to being busy with other DCA battles i have not done a lot in connection with BC and not even got round to SAR them,yet.I just letting things plod on for moment and just chipping away writing letters saying they not complied and saving them for if it ever goes to court!At least by doing this i am leaving a paper trail and can show a DJ and court i have been makeing reasonable attempts to resolve situation and get hold of original alleged agreement!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Ptk i dont know what the answer is to stop doorstep visiters ,I wrote two doorstep caller not welcome letters one toScottcall and one to Mercers and i stil l got doorstop callers but it would be worth writing a no doorstep caller letter as it will look bad if it goes further that they ignored them.Try not to worry to much about them as they got no legal powers,My Oh and me just ignored them when they rang doorbell and they eventually give up and go away and even in cases where caggers answer door to them when they are told to leave they just give in and leave,So even if the worse was to happen and your mum answered door to them they would just turn round and leave if she told them too .They just rely on peoples ignorance of the law and making out they got powers they have not got.They are not the same thing as baliiffs who need a court order but they like to make people think they are like baliffs :mad:

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

some people have advised complaing to OFT which may be wortwhile especially as you can mention your concerns about your eldery mum.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/159235-barclaycard-mercers-dept-collectors-12.html Gaz thread has some funny posts about doorstep collecters so you can see what a joke they are!:D

Hi I've been following this thread, I have been in touch with the FOS who wrote to BC on the 1st June 09 requesting Copy agg. To date I have had two more copies of T&C, the letter sent to Sunflower99 re what the act defines as a True copy. A letter 11th June saying BC will forward debt to DCA and 19th June a letter from Mercers but still no copy agreement. Can someone advise what I should do next as even the FOS hasn't kicked BC into action. I have stated before on this thread I live on a narrowboat the address they write to is my mothers and I visit about every 2 weeks, She is 87 years old and not in the best of health, I don't want debt collectors calling on her, if they do can I have them done for harassement. Any advise anyone. Also how do I start my own thread? save hijacking yours. Thanks

PTK, if you scroll to the top of the screen, you will see the forums that this thread is in. Click on Barclays Bank, you will be taken to a list of threads.. scroll down that list until you see NEW thread then click on that. You can also start a new thread in the General Debt Forum if you think your situation warrants it.

Any problems just yell and someone will help.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

PTK, if you scroll to the top of the screen, you will see the forums that this thread is in. Click on Barclays Bank, you will be taken to a list of threads.. scroll down that list until you see NEW thread then click on that. You can also start a new thread in the General Debt Forum if you think your situation warrants it.

Any problems just yell and someone will help.

Hi CitB

Thanks for helping PTK with thread question! I always find i have to do a bit of clicking round to remember what to do to start a new thread! !LOL i am not very brilliant with computers and can make them do things no one else can do! LOL:eek:

Hi CitB

Thanks for helping PTK with thread question! I always find i have to do a bit of clicking round to remember what to do to start a new thread! !LOL i am not very brilliant with computers and can make them do things no one else can do! LOL:eek:

I am not that hot myself, SF.. Just remember to send out a search party if we dont hear from PTK say within the next couple of hours.. :rolleyes:

LOL at you setting the threatogram as a screensaver.. I prefer Judge John Deed (Martin Shaw) for mine.. but you never know how some peeps tastes take them :D:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi PTK,

I've pulled your post and replies off another thread and put them here so you now have your own thread to use. :)

Re using YM's address, there's always the chance a DCA could call on her, even if you sent letters telling them not to. You can't get them for harassment, just for calling at the address you've given them.

Safest thing would be to use another address if you want to avoid any chance of YM being bothered.

Edited by slick132
typo

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I am not that hot myself, SF.. Just remember to send out a search party if we dont hear from PTK say within the next couple of hours.. :rolleyes:

LOL at you setting the threatogram as a screensaver.. I prefer Judge John Deed (Martin Shaw) for mine.. but you never know how some peeps tastes take them :D:D

Hi CitB! At least PTK did not need a search party! LOL Yes John Deed a better choice than an MBNA threatogram:eek:I honestly did not know how i managed to do that! When i get hold of mouse i go mad! and my OH keeps teliling me how impatient i am as my answer to any computer problem or slowing up of computer i encounter is to click madly away on the mouse:eek:

Thanks everyone for your reply's next step for me is writing to Mercers with a copy of the FOS letter and state the address is a postal only address not my place of residence and await a reply.