• Tweets

• Hi there. an update for you   1) independent surveyor report was sent to builder on 13 Dec.   2) builder only responded yesterday. They dispute the majority of the issues identified. Claiming for example: that we have influenced the expert witness surveyor, that we have caused some of the issues by undoing work, that that the surveyor is wrong,    3) through trading standards we gave them the month of nov to finish plus put things (known) right, at no point did they say a month was unreasonable, they were onsite for less than 10 days of nov,  early nov building control initially visited and highlighted issues, they claim building control have now signed off their work at the end of nov   4) building control visited last week at my request, there are still issues with their work, it has not been signed off and never was at the end of nov    4) builder now says there they didn’t have time to put known things right in nov (they are always contradicting themselves) and that they should be allowed to return to site  to fix these ‘minor snags’, the majority are not minor snags, they are building regulation contraventions    5) we have quotes from 3rd parties to do the work. We do not want the original builders back because:    a)quality of their workmanship has been called into question by ourselves, building control and a 3rd party surveyor    b) lack of trust in what they tell us - for example they’ve deviated from the plan, used different materials, refused to fix items saying nothing wrong and it’s how they always do it, refused to give deadlines, knowingly cut corners, have said work is signed off when it isn’t etc    c) their behaviour:  smoking weed on site, urinating next to my garden office, swearing, smoking, leaving the house with doors wide open and unlocked, leaving site unsafe with scaffold boards & materials lying across/over paths at end of day/week, all these things were raised with them verbally & in emails    d) they repeatedly said they hate working for us, they can’t wait to leave, none of them enjoy coming here etc   so, my question is.. do we have to allow them to return or can we say that we want a refund or for them to cover 3rd party costs?    im feeling that they have had enough opportunities to do the right thing and put things right, I’m also feeling that we aren’t being unreasonable by not wanting them back..   they say they can’t understand why we are rushing to get 3rd parties to finish the job and that the job is ‘live ‘ with them.   my feeling is that this job should have been finished in July (at no point have they provided a revised completion date despite us asking numerous times), they were given nov to finish & go, we’ve not heard from them over past 2 months so how could it still be live, and that we’ve spent 2 cold months living in a half finished house which doesn’t have heating completed, is damp & draughty, Ofcourse we want to get it finished asap! Any input would be appreciated, thank you.
    • Well, quite a change in stance from the Met after Johnson delays it   From 'We are fine with the report being released in its entirety, to effectively 'don't mention the bad stuff - which is as we first expected from Johnson and Dick before the surprising 'yeah release it'     Met Police asked Sue Gray to remove key details from report WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Force is running parallel criminal probe into potential lawbreaking at Downing Street     Wonder what self destroying message personal phones that was arranged on?
    • I were recently in an accident with another vehicle earlier this month and swapped details of both myself and the owner of the garage etc no police were contacted and both able to return as normal.   After contacting the garage they then inform me later on, in the day they required my own insurance to cover the cost only to be a named driver on the one being repaired and informed them of this.   I then requested they come collect the vehicle in which they did days later.   Didn't hear much more until recently with the owner of the garage contacting in abit of a panic for insurance details again and explained once more being a named driver on the policy, His insurance has received a '3rd party allegation' in which the garage owner has passed my details on for being the driver.   I and others have used this person for years and when we first used him I would ask him verbally how come we can swap vehicles and he informed me he had business insurance to cover anyone whilst their vehicle gets repaired and this is clearly a lie.   I did get some legal advice and one of them were to wait for a Notice of Intended Prosecution but i am concerned the owner might not be telling the truth to their own insurance or not telling them what happened??   Should I hand myself in the police and tell them the garage isn't being honest?   Any help or experience/expertises would be greatly appreciated.        
    • Tyne Tunnel rescinds 11,000 toll non-payment fines WWW.BBC.CO.UK Norris Atthey said he would "not be bullied", as new figures show 43% are successfully appealed.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

question

getthere

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

abbey has put my case on hold from when they could first put claims on hold around 2007 my claim dates back to 2003 am i still eligible to get these charges back or has time expired?

im a bit confused around the whole putting cases on hold - will abbey automatically write to me to let me know or do i have to chase

Hi,

We suggest continuing with your claim, better being stayed by the court.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert