style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was involved in an accident, where a car pulled onto a main road without looking and knocked me off my bicycle. At the time of the crash, the ambulance and police were called and the driver gave his phone number to the police. I went to hospital with concussion and have only recently recovered. The driver rang me the day of my accident and said he would pay for my bike and anything else damaged as it was his fault. He wanted to pay cash and promised by the next week it would be all sorted out.

It has now been 3 weeks and I am fed up with waiting, as it is now costing me 40 pounds a week for travel etc, and I want my bike fixed. I have his reg. number but I need to get his insurance details, is it best to ring the police and ask them if they asked for his details or is there another way to get his insurance details.

Thanks

Contact the police to see what they can do.

Do you have any insurance yourself or legal cover for anthing? They may be able to instigate the claim for you. I would not settle privately - if something goes wrong you will have a hell of a job chasing him up.