You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

vtrn

Does anyone use BT 14258 to block incoming calls?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4030 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hey guys.

I posted on here the other day in one hell of a state but I am pleased to tell you all I have got a grip and taking action against my creditors.

Anyway, I have come accross BT 14258, which is a service where you dial 14258 after a call and it blocks the number! Has anyone used this to block calls from creditors?

Edited by vtrn
delete personal info

yes but you may find they have more than one number and i'm not sure but it might be limited to 10 numbers

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Yeah I know. But I have over 30 creditors so it has got to make some sort of impact.

Maybe a change of number (new one ex-directory)?

Or an answerphone message like "If you think I owe you money, you have already been told I will deal with you in writing only."

I have the BT14528 (it's called Choose to Refuse) amd once a DCA has called on a couple of different numbers, they give up. However, with 30 creditors you might be better off with Trucall - the phone doesn't ring at all unless Trucall recognises the number. If someone gives their name, Trucall asks if you want to speak to them first before you are connected.

I havent got the type of money to buy a trucall, I know what you mean though. Furthermore, I cannot change the number because the phone does not belong to me.

Caller ID and turning the ringer off is quite effective I've found and costs nothing at all.