Home Insurance Question Regarding Making A Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have Home Insurance with More Than and it's covered for up to £75,000 Contents Cover and i have Accidental Damage etc etc.

The Excess Fee is £100.

Thing is i have lost my Digital Camera, I have not taken it out of the house but i have had my house upside down looking for it and i just cannot find it.

What i want to know is am i covered for this and can i make a claim?

It's very frustrating and i have been searching for it for the last few weeks and cannot find it anywhere which seems very odd.

If your digital camera (for which you will need the receipt) is worth only around the £100 mark then it is not worth claiming.

If your camera was there and is no longer, there is only one conclusion I could come to - someone in your household has taken it or lent it to someone or broke it and is now afraid to say so. Things don't just disappear.

The only other way is that an opportunist thief popped in while you were in the back garden or the bath or somewhere.

If you think someone could have popped in and stolen it, then you should report it to the police and get a crime number, you will be able to give that to the insurance company and strengthen your claim.

Of course if it is an 'SLR' type of digital camera and worth several hundred pounds, then you could claim.

The excess it pretty steep at £100, so it may not be worth claiming UNLESS the camera was worth £250 or more. Do also remember that even if they pay out, it will be reocrded on your record and the Insurance Hunter database as a claim. So any time over the next 3-5 years if you change insurers you will have to notify them of your original claim and this may mean increased premiums.

If your digital camera (for which you will need the receipt) is worth only around the £100 mark then it is not worth claiming.

If your camera was there and is no longer, there is only one conclusion I could come to - someone in your household has taken it or lent it to someone or broke it and is now afraid to say so. Things don't just disappear.

The only other way is that an opportunist thief popped in while you were in the back garden or the bath or somewhere.

If you think someone could have popped in and stolen it, then you should report it to the police and get a crime number, you will be able to give that to the insurance company and strengthen your claim.

Of course if it is an 'SLR' type of digital camera and worth several hundred pounds, then you could claim.

Thanks for the reply Conniff, Well the camera cost me over £300 so is quite valuable, I don't have any idea where it's gone, I do suspect that someone has possibly stole it but i'm not sure, I just don't know whether the insurance company will pay out for the item, I don't mind paying £100 excess as obviously the camera is worth quite a lot more.