Threatened with Default Notice by Barclays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes. Demanded "contract signed by, and therefore binding both parties"

And "the actual accounting" which would prove whether they actually lent me any real money or not. (Or did they just monetise my signature?)

Also, demanded their assurance that the "original instrument of indebtedness will be returned to me in its original form on final settlement"

I don't really know what that means, but wanted to find out, so I demanded it.

There is a form letter offering full settlement in immediate exchange for the original instrument of indebtedness in its original form. Apparently banks don't accept this offer.

Yes. Demanded "contract signed by, and therefore binding both parties"

And "the actual accounting" which would prove whether they actually lent me any real money or not. (Or did they just monetise my signature?)

Also, demanded their assurance that the "original instrument of indebtedness will be returned to me in its original form on final settlement"

I don't really know what that means, but wanted to find out, so I demanded it.

There is a form letter offering full settlement in immediate exchange for the original instrument of indebtedness in its original form. Apparently banks don't accept this offer.

was that a s78 cca request?

No, it was a form letter from *EDIT*

It does demand the signed document.

suggest you send the one on this forum (see templates) if you did not quote s77/79 of the cca as your basis for the request with a one poun p o and send recorded dly

Edited by 42man
removed commercial link

suggest you send the one on this forum (see templates) if you did not quote s77/79 of the cca as your basis for the request with a one poun p o and send recorded dly

Will do. Have raised this as a complaint. But what the hell. I'll send them a standard cca request as well.

My copy of the contract looks like the one linked from post number 4 of this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/170521-barclays-loan-help.html

Prescribed terms on one page, signature on the other. Main difference is I don't have PPI.

I'm thinking I can get rid of about 11k